Link: 4 Injured After High Wind Destroys Booths At Rose Bowl Fanfest

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
WOW..That's wild & personally I think it's Jameis found a couple spots cooking crab legs..And he's running so fast stealing them that it looks like a tornado..LOL..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I saw this and it was pretty scary looking. They also had a sheet of ice on the tarp they put on the field. That is some wild weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..It's like James Spann always says, when he's on TV with his suit jacket off & showing his suspenders, things are about to get serious when Spann has his suspenders on & he always says during bad weather outbreaks..That's to"Always Expect The Unexpected" when it comes to the weather & he's 100% correct.."Mother Nature" can be a B when she wants to be & if you're not prepared for it..Folks ends up getting hurt or killed when stuff like this happens..Is that in the video what they call a "Gustnado" & not an actual tornado as it says in the video link???...
I saw this and it was pretty scary looking. They also had a sheet of ice on the tarp they put on the field. That is some wild weather.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Yup..It's like James Spann always says, when he's on TV with his suit jacket off & showing his suspenders, things are about to get serious when Spann has his suspenders on & he always says during bad weather outbreaks..That's to"Always Expect The Unexpected" when it comes to the weather & he's 100% correct.."Mother Nature" can be a B when she wants to be & if you're not prepared for it..Folks ends up getting hurt or killed when stuff like this happens..Is that in the video what they call a "Gustnado"???...
It didn't appear that they had the tent anchored down. The people just watched and ran at the same time.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Yup..It's like James Spann always says, when he's on TV with his suit jacket off & showing his suspenders, things are about to get serious when Spann has his suspenders on & he always says during bad weather outbreaks..That's to"Always Expect The Unexpected" when it comes to the weather & he's 100% correct.."Mother Nature" can be a B when she wants to be & if you're not prepared for it..Folks ends up getting hurt or killed when stuff like this happens..Is that in the video what they call a "Gustnado" & not an actual tornado as it says in the video link???...
Not a gustnado, much less a tornado. If there were significant dust on the ground, it would have looked much more like what it was: a run of the mill dust devil. Just a short-lived, microscale thermally induced surface rotation caused by the sun rapidly warming the surface below cooler air aloft, coupled with a vertical wind profile conducive to rotation.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Much worse can happen in CA. When the last big earthquake hit, I was watching the game on TV and Al Michaels ended up broadcasting a disaster. My daughter lived in Oakland and commuted to SF via the freeway which pancaked to one level (still does). Caused a couple of panicky phone calls on my part...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I couldn't even imagine the terror you went through until you got through to your daughter & I remember watching live TV when that happen..And that freeway collapsed & pancaked onto the other trapping a few folks in the car didn't it....Scary to even think about either of my Baby Girls being in a natural disaster like that..
Much worse can happen in CA. When the last big earthquake hit, I was watching the game on TV and Al Michaels ended up broadcasting a disaster. My daughter lived in Oakland and commuted to SF via the freeway which pancaked to one level (still does). Caused a couple of panicky phone calls on my part...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I wonder if anyone yelled out cow like in twister [emoji230] when they saw the chick fil a cow standing upright.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I know, the poor cow. It wasn't funny but it was. :)

Hope everyone is ok and good thing the crowds weren't really there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.