It is up to Alabama and Auburn to defend the honor of the SEC West

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Everything is setting up just perfect to show that Bama is really just the Bell Cow and Class of the SEC.

It's always been this way. Bama at the top and everybody else just trying to catch us.
It has been glorious the last 1.5 days. Kinda glad Arkie won and will pull for the Dawgs in a bowl so happy so far, especially watching Aubie bite the dust.

Bama needs to take care of bizness tonight and roll on to another NC, then mop up on recruits that have to wonder if the West is really as good as the rest of the country thinks they are.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
LSU got hosed. Ole Miss was living off an emotional win at home and beating a defeated Mississippi state team. They were over rated. State lost their defensive coordinator and the assistant's first game is against a triple option team. Losses are losses, but there are circumstances that factor in to these.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
True, but both Mississippi schools were over rated from the start. MSU is good until their first loss and after that they seem to fall apart. Ole Sis is just a collection of talent with no discipline and routinely runs off the road into the ditch. It just took them longer to implode. It is looking more obvious that the West was not very good after all. That said, I give credit to the teams that won. They earned it.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I certainly didn't see both Miss.teams and teams from Alabama going down but it is hard to stay on top.I think sometimes you have to come down a little to get that hunger again. Its never fun but I think the SEC will bounce back. This bowl season seemed like it was stacked against the SEC but oh well...here's to next year ...wait a minute I mean this year.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Coach Bryant always said that you learn more from a loss than a win.
apparently he was wrong (didn't learn anything from last years sugar bowl), and if he wasn't wrong, he was speaking in regards to losing a regular season game. Not the inaugural college football playoff.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
After this bowl season I think it is fair to say that the SEC dominance is over.
Yes I believe you are correct. I knew the SEC was in trouble when GT whipped the mess out of MSU. MSU probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC this year and the ACC runner-up beat them soundly. That was on the heels of Ole Miss being beaten like a rented mule and LSU losing to Notre Dame. The first 2 I could overlook, but when MSU got hammered it was obvious that something was wrong. Then AU lost to Wisky and my feelings were even more confirmed. I never was overly confident about the OSU game but those losses by the SEC teams made me even more nervous.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wont go that far to say that the dominance is over ... there is still no other conference that has as many quality teams that we have. The only team that just got flat out dominated unfortunately was Ole Miss. Miss State just ran up against a really good Ga Tech team and all of the other teams had chances to win their games. Its all frustrating but it is what it is. Just hate to hear whats going to eventually come out of Joey Galloway's mouth ... lol

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
With the new playoff system "conference" loyalty (if you have it) means nothing. It's about "survive and advance" and win the title.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
We had bragging rights for seven years. They will have it for a couple. This is the first year in a while that a southern school hasn't been in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Just hate to hear whats going to eventually come out of Joey Galloway's mouth ... lol
True but what he said is exactly what they did, effectively shut Coop down (as much as anybody can) and pressure Blake into making plays to other receivers. They did; we didn't; they win; Joey is a genius ... yuck ... that does hurt :) I have a feeling the Meyer/Saban story has more chapters to be written.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.