It is up to Alabama and Auburn to defend the honor of the SEC West

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Who I pull for has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

That said, I never pull for an SEC team in a bowl game. I'll never forget how every other fan base treated us Bama fans in the dark days of the early 2000s - some of the nastiest, most mean-spirited comments I've ever heard from fans about Bama.

Screw 'em all, I say. Go Badgers.
Agree. You can look at the forums and see this, but the only one I'm semi pulling for other than bama is mizzou. It is because I lived around those parts and I have to say they have some classy fans. But I won't lose sleep if they lose

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
The rest of the SEC is finding out what it's like to be Bama! Everybody wants to beat you and there is extra motivation to do so.

TCU also had the shunned factor as motivation too. Don't think that GA Tech didn't use it as motivation too.

And remember it's easier to "get up" for one bowl game than it is to play week after week in this league.
You have to give credit to Ga Tech they beat 2 good SEC teams to wrap up their season. Good to see Pratville native Justin Thomas having great success there to. I always pull for the Alabama kids at other programs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You have to give credit to Ga Tech they beat 2 good SEC teams to wrap up their season. Good to see Pratville native Justin Thomas having great success there to. I always pull for the Alabama kids at other programs.
I agree, not taking anything away from them. Frankly, teams like Ga. Tech are a nightmare to play and I feared Miss. St. might struggle with their wishbone attack.

I admire how they do it the old school way and it's so old school it's almost new school nowdays because nobody practices for it anymore.

But they are Georgia's little sister much like the Barn is our's and they certainly got some extra motivation playing what was generally perceived to be the SEC's second or third best team in their bowl game this year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The Big Ten's second and fourth best teams are getting waxed by Baylor and Missouri. I wonder how Ohio State fans feel about that? The SEC superiority may well be overblown but me thinks the Big Ten is the last conference that needs to be talking about it.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
One thing is for sure, if the team is watching other SEC teams then Bama should come into this game with the right frame of mind (not that we would not have anyway). Sometimes kids drink the kool aid so the preceding games should make the kids aware that it will take their best game for four quarters.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Ohio State Boards making fun of the SEC West

Ole Miss demolished, Miss. St. easily handled. LSU loses to a weak ND. How tough can it really be? Me thinks commonthink sports media are sheep and their wisdom is bull. Bama is also going down.
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2014/12/47271/sec-west
I guarantee you what none of them will point out because, well, it doesn't fit their narrative:
TCU was conference co-champ - Ol Spit?
The who's were tied for 4th place in the west
GT played in conference championship game - MSU?
Wisky played in conference championship - barn tied the who's for 4th.
I think the games were scheduled to put the SEC at a disadvantage, specifically the west.
Mizzou should have played wisky
dawgs should have played TCU

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Everything is setting up just perfect to show that Bama is really just the Bell Cow and Class of the SEC.

It's always been this way. Bama at the top and everybody else just trying to catch us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.