It is up to Alabama and Auburn to defend the honor of the SEC West

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am focused on one game. The rest can wait until next season.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
LSU got hosed. Ole Miss was living off an emotional win at home and beating a defeated Mississippi state team. They were over rated. State lost their defensive coordinator and the assistant's first game is against a triple option team. Losses are losses, but there are circumstances that factor in to these.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Honestly, this "SEC Pride" stuff is just for arguments sake. A lot of non-SEC fans hate our conference because we have been on top for so long. Naturally, we hear the hate spewed from these fans and talking heads and deep down inside, it makes us mad and this in turn makes a lot of fans within the SEC root for other SEC teams in games against OOC opponents. Why does this happen? Because being competitive means that you want the SEC to win to shut the haters up.

However, I personally don't get caught up into that crap. As long as the Tide win, I could care less what anyone else does in this country, much less the SEC. Every SEC team can lose and I wont care as long as the Tide win.

Im just saying that I fully understand where this "SEC Pride" is coming from. Its not that fans are "SEC Fans" and not fans of a single team, its just that some fans of certain SEC teams feel the need to band together come Bowl season and root for anything/everything SEC so that the haters out there will shut up. So in a way, its a game within a game. I find it funny at times because it seems like fans outside of the SEC see the SEC as being a single team or something. There is a deep seeded hatred for the three letters "SEC" in some parts. For example, if a single SEC team loses to an OOC opponent, then people will say "SEC is overrated" instead of saying "Ole Miss is overrated" - It breeds a lot of ignorant comments like that and that's why I never get caught up in it because its silly. The haters will use any and all kinks against the SEC. OMG VANDERBILT JUST LOST TO THE CITADEL! THIS MEANS THE SEC IS OVERRATED!

Arizona lost to Boise State, the Pac10 is overrated! (See how stupid that sounds?) Well, we get a lot of that being fans of an SEC team and being in the SEC.

At the end of the day, it just means that the team lost, not the damn Conference.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Who I pull for has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

That said, I never pull for an SEC team in a bowl game. I'll never forget how every other fan base treated us Bama fans in the dark days of the early 2000s - some of the nastiest, most mean-spirited comments I've ever heard from fans about Bama.

Screw 'em all, I say. Go Badgers.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If we are down to hoping the barners will defend our honor...I'll do without.

Thankfully, we can still defend our own just fine without their help.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It is hard to pull for another SEC team because of the recruiting angle for me. If they win, recruits see it and think that team is on the rise. I do like for the conference to look good though. That helps when the selection committee is deciding which power 5 conference to leave out and with Notre Dame winning the way they did the other day vs. LSU, they could very well start the season off number 1 next year.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
You should care. It is the perception the selection committee and rest of the country has concerning the SEC West. Could make a difference in getting in or left out of the playoffs next year. We need the West to dominate outside of the conference.
Exactly. Many think this is "all about us" and that is just what the Big 12 said until they got left behind. The voters look at everyone, not just Alabama.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Entertaining posts. Really, if we win our conference, I don't think it matters. Florida State and Ohio State have proven if you win the crappiest conferences, you can still get in. Me, personally, if I like a team over another, I'll pull for them. I enjoyed the TCU shallacking over Ole Miss. Not sure who I'll pull for in the Auburn/Wisconsin game. I'm more interested really in FSU/Oregon and our big game tonight :)

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I always pull for SEC teams to win when playing in bowl games. In my opinion the results do play a part in perception of our conference. Until we have a true playoff, perception is what we are left with.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Who I pull for has zero bearing on the outcome of the game.

That said, I never pull for an SEC team in a bowl game. I'll never forget how every other fan base treated us Bama fans in the dark days of the early 2000s - some of the nastiest, most mean-spirited comments I've ever heard from fans about Bama.

Screw 'em all, I say. Go Badgers.
i think arky is the only other team that i want to see win in bowl season. my step grandfather is from rural arkansas and they were always his second favorite team after bama, so i always like to see them do well. some of the sec teams, i just dont care what happens to them in the bowl games. others, i want to see lose.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
i think arky is the only other team that i want to see win in bowl season.
It was amazing to me the improvement they made during the season. Bielema may look like a slob, but dude can pick a wife and coach a football team.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I wholeheartedly agree with the Bama or nobody statement. I work in the same room with seven or eight Barn grads, their two bosses are Barn grads, and all I hear is the butthurt talk about Bama and coach Saban. I remind them that the Barn is playing for a free blooming onion while Bama is playing for a NC shot. They have yet to get the blooming onion analogy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.