****Official Pregame Thread - Bama vs. OSU****

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Man,relax know we got this. TJ is fine. We have four capable running backs that can get the job doen. You're a worrier, so just relax and enjoy the game. We got this. You know Bosa will line up all over the field, so running left all day wouldn' do us any good. I hope we go at him nonstop :) We can't play out of fear. Bosa is good, but not that great.
. I am a worrier, and have gotten to the point of not enjoying games on TV. I enjoy watching the replay, I rarely post in the game threads. After having tickets for 20 years, the last 5 years have been hard. I worry far less and get involved in the game more when in the stands.

Oh, and Bosa, I was just playing lip service. I don't think he is overwhelming like some, but there may be a play or two where he disrupts the play and causes a turnover.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
we know henry is a great back, but we also know that Bama is not as strong without Yelden at full go. Let's make a deal.....you can have Yelden at full go if we can have either Miller or Barret....and you can choose!

re: Bosa....we will move him all along the front to find favorable matchups depending on the situation. He wont stay in one place all game
Throw in Kenyan Drake and you gotta deal!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Gotcha! We got you. What you should do is try and enjoy the game today no matter what happens. Life is too short to be worrying about thing like this. I get nervous duringthe game at times, but I force myself to calm down and it usually work out well. We had a great season this year, and our players are having fun, so why can't we do the same? Ya a ffeel me?
. I am a worrier, and have gotten to the point of not enjoying games on TV. I enjoy watching the replay, I rarely post in the game threads. After having tickets for 20 years, the last 5 years have been hard. I worry far less and get involved in the game more when in the stands.

Oh, and Bosa, I was just playing lip service. I don't think he is overwhelming like some, but there may be a play or two where he disrupts the play and causes a turnover.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
we know henry is a great back, but we also know that Bama is not as strong without Yelden at full go. Let's make a deal.....you can have Yelden at full go if we can have either Miller or Barret....and you can choose!

re: Bosa....we will move him all along the front to find favorable matchups depending on the situation. He wont stay in one place all game

I would make that deal, seriously. Instantly allow all injured players to be healed. I think Bama has far more injured big time players. Really. I understand Braxton and JT are great players, but only one will be on the field at a time. Kenyan Drake is a nightmare matchup , so is Ardarius Stewart. Drake is Bama's most dynamic RB. Think Reggie Bush skill set. Neither will play. Alabama has had a ton of other injuries this year, biggest reason for the inconsistent play. Let's hope for an injury free , hard fought game

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
The best thing to do is run right at Bosa. Make him make a play! Chances are he gets most of his stops because teams hesitate to run at him and they try to get around him.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

I totally understand where you're coming from. I use to be that way, still am to a degree but nowhere near like I use to be. Just now got my fingernails back. Every one is different and handles their own game days in different ways. Here's to enjoying this one and hopefully one more

tmv85

All-SEC
I'm nervous too, but I always am. I think I was the only Alabama fan in Miami nervous on game day with Notre Dame. There is just so much pressure on this game. Duh it's the playoffs I get that. Ohio State is a very good team, and we haven't played well in New Orleans except for LSU BCSCG. But that doesn't matter tonight. All this stupid stuff in my head. :). I'll be a bundle of nerves all day.
I always get nervous. A lot of people believed we'd end up 8-4 or 9-3, but our guys have worked so hard to be where we are. I would be crushed for them if they didn't make it to Dallas m

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If Bama plays the way they are capable of doing then we will win. I am not going to waste time worrying about something I have no control over. Roll Tide!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I got home at 4:30 this morning. I'm fired up, anxious, nervous and expecting a big Bama win. Bring on the Buckeyes.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I have enjoyed chatting with you kind folks these last few weeks. I've appreciated the way you treated an opposing fan. Thanks for that.....

It's game day, we have an uphill challenge to be sure, but this is a very good team, well coached and playing with a chip on their shoulder and fully understand the magnitude of the challenge....they will compete and I expect a helluva game.....good luck to your boys! Go Bucks!
Two things: Win or lose, stick around after the game and become a regular poster AND good luck for a well-played, clean game that truly produces the most deserving winner.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Joey Bosa is the freak of the week from Tebow. I haven't seen a Bama player honored as Tebow's freak of the week. I know Bosa is good, but Bama has several players like that. DJ Pettway, Jonathon Allen, A'shawn, but my favorite is 6-5 270 pound linebacker Xaviar Dickson. There was a play against TENNESSEE where XD caught a 210 lb RB from 3 yards back. It was a 40 yard play, but would of been a TD IF not for XD. Here is an excerpt from RockyTopInsider

-
.8:39: Dobbs’ threat to run freezes the defensive end just enough to get Marlin Lane to the corner. Alex Ellis doesn’t throw a great block, but he’s in the way enough to help him get there. Marquez North then seals the edge and Lane is loose down the sideline. He shouldn’t get caught by a 270-pound Xavier Dickson, but there’s Dooley vs. Saban recruiting for you. Still, a great run and play for the Vols.
Couldn't find a video, but that was from a rival site, so I guess it was as good. It wasn't talked about after the game, but that was as impressive as anything I have seen from a man that size.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Happy New Year Everybody!!

I picked us to win this game on Dec 26th by a score of 45-10 in the prediction thread.

I've watched all the other Bowl games and thought about and.....I STILL say we GOT THIS 45-10. ROLL TIDE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.