Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Roll Tide!
Is there a warm up game on? I've read zero and seen little about the early game.
I'm afraid of a long evening. Hope I'm happy at midnight,
Haven't looked, but I think the other playoff game comes on before ours - maybe 4:00 CST? Also, AU plays Wisc. at 12:00, which might be interesting in comparison, since OSU just took them to the woodshed...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Haven't looked, but I think the other playoff game comes on before ours - maybe 4:00 CST? Also, AU plays Wisc. at 12:00, which might be interesting in comparison, since OSU just took them to the woodshed...
I think the Barn will score a lot but I'm probably just going to pick Wisky by 30 since my Miss. schools' picks were so bass akwards. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the Barn will score a lot but I'm probably just going to pick Wisky by 30 since my Miss. schools' picks were so bass akwards. :)
Quite a tangle of scores today which are hard to make sense of. Guess we'll have half of the answer tomorrow...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Roll Tide. Happy New Year to everyone. Looking for an injury free game en route to NC Title #4 of the Saban era!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Happy New Year! We just got home safely from a party. Hope everyone makes it home safely. I can't wait for our game today, but I have a very busy day ahead. Need to get to sleep.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Interesting look back of the OSU and Bama relationship from the Wall Street Journal -

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college...nd-ohio-state-turned-down-pasadena-1420062353
It's interesting that we played our first bowl game since Bryant came back in 1959, the Liberty Bowl in frigid Philadelphia. As it happened, I watched that in a group of people about evenly divided, black and white, in a private apartment in Northington Campus. Part-way through the game, I realized that the black folk were pulling against Bama. Don't know why I was surprised. After a moment's reflection, I realized why. Just two years before, Autherine Lucy's matriculation had been frustrated by Klan and WCC demonstrations. (Like a pic of my next door neighbor to be jumping up and down on top of her car. He got expelled.) Today, some of our biggest Tide fans are black, including those who moderate and post here. I enjoy it. Quite a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.