Game Thread: Outback Bowl

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't get caught up in the start of a game. Most teams script plays, emotions and energy are highest, that's why games usually start off looking equal, and so big if a team gets stops.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not sure how to explain why SEC teams are performing so poorly this bowl season. I think one thing is to many SEC teams gave gone to the spread/HUNH and they have lost their physicality and ability to dominate the LOS. Dominating the LOS is what used to set the SEC apart..
I've wondered if the SEC coaches are just doing their normal stuff and the rival coaches have done a better job game planning.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Hard game to watch. Wisky was drilled by OSU but I hate Auburn. Whisky has started strong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've wondered if the SEC coaches are just doing their normal stuff and the rival coaches have done a better job game planning.
Maybe. The spread/HUNH was originally used by teams with lesser talent in order to be an equalizer to the teams with more talent. Teams like AU should really run a base pro set with spread characteristics sprinkled in, kinda like what we do. And you make a good point also, other coaches have probably adjusted and it looks like the SEC coaches haven't because they have been successfull..

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Auburns offense can adjust well. The IB started off 14_3 and then the game began. The question is can Wiconsin adjust with them.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Dang, this is a New Year's day bowl, and the stadium is still half empty.
Yea, the TV experience has just about trumped the in person experience when you factor in everything. The only bowl game I've seen with a full stadium was the LSU/NotreDame game. Wonder what the Rose and Sugar will look like tonight?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Rose bowl, I've heard that there will be lot of empty seats... They really need to move some of the bowls to december ...
Yea, the TV experience has just about trumped the in person experience when you factor in everything. The only bowl game I've seen with a full stadium was the LSU/NotreDame game. Wonder what the Rose and Sugar will look like tonight?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.