****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. Ohio State****

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
The rest of the teams we play aren't populated with Dre Kirkpatricks, either.

That's kinda the point. I've not looked at the numbers, but I'm willing to bet that, based on recruiting rankings, almost every team in the country would trade their secondary for ours.
tahts what i was about type. take a look at some of these other teams using 3 star CB's locking WR's down. Playing sound pass defense. Breaking up passes. I dont know how many int's we had this season but i'd be shocked if it was double digits.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Seems like the turning point in the game began with the maurice smith taunting penalty; when I saw a usce player do it against a miami player it made me happy to be a Bama fan because we don't do stupid penalties like that.
Yeah that's what I though also. Anyways OSU just played better. Congrats B1G.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
With Henry, Drake, Jones, Bo, Howard, Black, Sims, Foster, Stewart, Falkins -- we have the skill players to do some damage....

Our LT, Center.....are the centerpiece of any OL -- so, we can make that work.....

Our DL will be nasty -- and if we get Ragland Back --- we have our Defensive QB

It's not THAT dark....
No kidding! I doubt there are many coaches who wouldn't want to have our roster. That doesn't mean we will win it all, but I would be willing to bet that we will probably win ten games again and be in the hunt for the SEC title.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm not gonna dive deeply into this, nor do I expect to get much support in this opinion, but...

Bama is paying $8+ million/year for the Saban / Smart combo, and with everything they have (which is literally any and everything they could ever ask for) on hand, I'm having a hard time seeing teams roll up HUGE offensive numbers against us, particularly when they aren't running much HUNH (a la this year's Iron Bowl or tonight's game) - in both cases the teams primarily lined up and outplayed us.

I think Saban is a great coach, but he'd better address these defensive issues ASAP - as I'm not the only Bama fan who watches these games, knows the recruiting history, knows all the tools at the coaches disposal - and wonders what's going on...

We gave up 1,167 yards to OSU and the barn.
CA I tend to agree with you. While my main concern is how poor Alabama played defensively this year, I , as a college football fan, am getting tired of watching fundamentally poor defensive football played by most everyone. It is not about tackling or coverage skills anymore. Everything is about scheme. How many games were won this year by Hail Mary's? Back to back weeks you had NCAA rushing records set. How much of that was due to the player(s) or just plain old bad tackling? How many times did you see QBs get reward for blindly throwing a ball up into double or triple coverage only to have a receiver (at 6'4") out jump two 6'0 DB"s for a 40+ yard completion or a touchdown?

Even Saban has said they spend less time on fundamentals now. If colleges are all about scheme, then what are the high schools doing? Poor fundamental play begins in middle school and high school now. And with college players bailing to the NFL after 3 years, it's gets more difficult to build that consistency on defense. Our buddies at West Georgia are about to find that out with Muschamp. If they believe in a year or two he'll be holding teams to under 20 points a game, they are out of their minds.

Unless college football chances the rules to give some advantages back to the defense, what happens offensively between the 20 yard lines will not matter. It will be all about stopping them in the red zone and making the opponent kick field goals. Giving up field goals will be a win from now on.

I at least hope we can get some of the fundamental issues on defense solved going into next year.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
You just can't win them all. I wanted this one real bad. Looks like the SEC is NOT a dominant conference. There are teams in each conference that are good and some are bad.

Sometimes the clock just ends too soon. That last pass reminded me of the Ole Miss game.

The Defense played awesome in the 4th quarter, except when Ragland went out, and they got that 85 yard run for the winning TD.

Our punter was our MOST Valuable Player tonight.

If we had won, I'm not sure we could have kept Oregon from putting up 50+ and possibly 60+. With the possibility of #19 and #26 being hurt,
I don't think we would have had a chance. Oregon made FSU look REAL bad!

Yea! I just think those Buckeyes wanted it more. Also, I sure would like to have seen more runs by Henry in the 4th quarter like in the Barn and Mizzou games.
That 1st down pass after tOSU's punt was not what I would have called. I would have had Henry running wide to the left with 45 in the game to help block and
possibly #89.

The tOSU QB is a LOAD to bring down!

I am very disappointed. I'm sure our players are disappointed as well as the entire coaching staff.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
With Henry, Drake, Jones, Bo, Howard, Black, Sims, Foster, Stewart, Falkins -- we have the skill players to do some damage....

Our LT, Center.....are the centerpiece of any OL -- so, we can make that work.....

Our DL will be nasty -- and if we get Ragland Back --- we have our Defensive QB

It's not THAT dark....
Im not saying we will go 8-5 like AU, but we have a LOT of big question marks. Who will play in the secondary? Who will be RT/RG/LG? We have to hope the guys we have seen off and on pan out. I hope they do.

The problem we have is that when we have one unit that's loaded and has everyone coming back there's two more with question marks.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
It's CFB. All teams have the same amount if scholly's to spread around. This team of players and staff over achieved to preseason expectations. It's disappointing but the Bama Pride is still strong and undying.

RTR!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You just can't win them all. I wanted this one real bad. Looks like the SEC is NOT a dominant conference. There are teams in each conference that are good and some are bad.

Sometimes the clock just ends too soon. That last pass reminded me of the Ole Miss game.

The Defense played awesome in the 4th quarter, except when Ragland went out, and they got that 85 yard run for the winning TD.

Our punter was our MOST Valuable Player tonight.

If we had won, I'm not sure we could have kept Oregon from putting up 50+ and possibly 60+. With the possibility of #19 and #26 being hurt,
I don't think we would have had a chance. Oregon made FSU look REAL bad!

Yea! I just think those Buckeyes wanted it more. Also, I sure would like to have seen more runs by Henry in the 4th quarter like in the Barn and Mizzou games.
That 1st down pass after tOSU's punt was not what I would have called. I would have had Henry running wide to the left with 45 in the game to help block and
possibly #89.

The tOSU QB is a LOAD to bring down!

I am very disappointed. I'm sure our players are disappointed as well as the entire coaching staff.

JK Scott is such a weapon. I bet people will line up for his signature at our signings. I want a jersey with his number on it!

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Crimson Audio....you have some good points. My question is this..and I'm just asking because I don't know...I know that Tony Brown is supposed to be a very good recruit. Came in EE last January. Is the system so difficult he can't get it down yet or what? What about Humphrey? Same thing? I know they are freshmen, but we do have a freshman OL or 2 don't we?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Oregon looked really great because they were playing FSU and FSU had a ton of turnovers. OSU didn't look so great because they were playing Alabama. Don't give the championship to UO before the game is played...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.