****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. Ohio State****

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For the first time, I was tempted not to have a postgame thread. I've never seen our members behave as badly since the Shula years. The game thread is not for harsh criticism and it's not for the kind of whining and moaning we had tonight. We had far too many people posting tonight who had obviously been drinking, always a bad idea. I only suspended one poster - for keeping on saying he had some sort of right to criticize, despite the fact that the notation in red at the end specifically says to save the criticism for this thread.

One more caution - follow the advice of the late Bayoutider - it's frequently not what you say, but how it's said. There's a way to criticize sensibly, and there was plenty to criticize tonight, but it doesn't have to be done harshly or excessively personally. I'm going back through the threads, because more suspensions should have been handed out for ignoring the rules which weren't.

Reading the prediction thread before this game, I was afraid we'd have the problems we had tonight. There were too many inflated expectations and I was afraid it would be this type of game. With that, let's try to do this right...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Proud of our team. 12-2 and SEC Champs along with making the first playoff game while ending the regular season #1. We should be much better next year! RTR!!

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Great game, better team won. Not being able to tackle well screwed us.

All in all we did better than I thought we would this year. Real proud of all our players

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm very proud of these young men and all they've achieved. I'm looking forward to next year. Congrats to Ohio State and Oregon, should be a great game.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
There obviously is some defensive overhauls that need to be made. Our defense would play great but then give up long plays for first down too often. Glad Kiffen is coming back I hope he learns that if something is working do not abandon it until the other team stops it.

Very frustrating night, we can play better than that but didn't when it counted. Roll Tide! When is spring practice?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
SEC champs in a rebuilding year isn't bad.

I just wish wish our team showed up more focused than they did. If both teams play their best, we win. We didn't want it as much as OSU did and they played better. i think this loss falls on the coaches more than the players. The same problems on d against auburn and Mizzou weren't fixed and our offensive playcalling was baffling.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Great season for a team that we didn't think would achieve this much. Congrats to our players, I am very proud of them.

I am more at peace with this loss than last year...we didn't stop playing and fought till the end.

Road to #16 is now onto this next season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just don't get why we almost completely stopped running Henry. There seemed to be no sense of urgency on the final drive at all. that is all I will say about the game.

All in all this has been a good year and better than most of us thought. Roll Tide and let's look forward to next year.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry for your loss....nothing I can say to take away the pain but just wanted to post my thoughts.

Congrats on all the wins this year - hold your heads high - you deserve it regardless of how this game played out.

RTR!

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Congrats tbux and B1GTide. Hurts to say it but your boys straight up beat our boys. tOSU wanted it more and that was apparent from the kickoff. Good luck against the Ducks, and we will see you next year!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am glad we didn't hang our head when we fell behind by two scores. I am proud of this team and how they played this year. Definitely one of my favorite teams, even though they fell short in the end. How many thought we would even make it this far from what we saw at the spring game?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I knew this would be a closer game than some fans thought but I still thought we would win. I started getting concerned when GT whipped MSU because it started becoming obvious the SEC wasn't as great this year as we all thought. Congrats to OSU and Oregon! It should be an exciting game on Jan 12. I fully expect the Tide to be back next year competing once again for the NC.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It has been an extraordinary year. Let's not let one loss, no matter how wrenching, hide that fact. We also should respect how OSU played. They came right at us and we backed off for two quarters and did not exploit our advantage in the fourth.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Hats off to their guys. They were a LOT better than I expected. We had one of those games where things just were not in sync.

SEC west champs, SEC champs, number 1 seed in the first ever playoff, 12-2. All in all, a very successful year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We over achieved for the most part this season and it finally caught up with us tonight.

If anyone would have said we would have had only one loss and playing in the first playoff in August, we would have taken it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In some ways -- we may be more effective offensively next year when we don't feel compelled to give Amari 10 catches a game.....I love Amari - going to be a great pro -- but at times - CLKs need to feed Cooper the ball really hurt us.....and this time (like at Ole Miss) -- we were one or two plays short of being able to overcome it.

Alabama Football, you are still my BB -- and I love you -- but right now, I need my space for a little while ;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.