****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. Ohio State****

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Disappointing, but I've heard several commentators say this might have been Saban's weakest team at Alabama (except for 2007). I don't accept that OSU's players wanted it more, but they played better tonight and deserved the win. Congrats to the Buckeyes, Roll Tide and start getting ready for Wisconsin next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Congrats to our guys tonight. They made it to the final 4 in the first playoff. Didn't think that would happen going into game 1 with all the questions.

Kiffin's a head scratcher. It's odd. I've never seen a OC that gets hot and cold like this. Definitely got the cold Kiffin tonight.

Congrats to Henry on the effort too. Really looking forward to more of him next year. He avg'd 7.3 tonight. I just wish we could have fed the hot hand and gave him 25 carries instead of 13.

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al
Seems like the turning point in the game began with the maurice smith taunting penalty; when I saw a usce player do it against a miami player it made me happy to be a Bama fan because we don't do stupid penalties like that.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You win with humility and lose with dignity. I didn't expect this team to make it this far, so I will end this season with nothing but gratitude.

So what are the dates for national signing day and first day of spring practice?:cool:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Loss hurts! Proud of the team though! Had an off night and despite the fact SIMS ....... sucked, we had a chance! Not sure if he just choked or just played above his head all year, I can't wait to see what Lane does with a real QB! I for one am glad Sims is done!
You may need to sit in the corner for a while.....or you are gonna end up banned....

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'm sorry but i am just accustomed to us playing well in big games that matter. It's obvious the teams that didn't have to grind through the season will be playing for the championship. After tonight if we would have won I would not have felt confident about our chances given how beat up we are. At beginning of the season if you would have told me that we would have made it this far with Sims at QB I would been very satisfied. Now I am going to try and focus on that. Good season guys. RTR!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
In many ways we overachieved.

If if I told in August you that Bama would start Blake Sims, have even worse CB play, not fix the place kicking would you take 12-2 and an SECChampionship? I would.

My problem is that the SEC has lost any good will. The bowl season would indicate that the SEC is no longer head and shoulders above other conferences. You won't hear talk about getting two SEC teams into the playoffs anytime soon. You won't see 4-5 SEC teams preseason top 10.

Its funny that under the BCs Bama and FSU would have played for the title and Ohio State and Oregon would have been in the Rose Bowl.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
First off...hat tip to OSU. They played a great game. Their guys played inspired ball.

On our end...man...I get upset when I see clearly that we didn't put our guys in the best position to win. I won't go over each wasted opportunity one by one. You saw the game. Tomorrow...or maybe the next day, I'll be able to appreciate just how special this season was considering the circumstances. But tonight, I'm bitter knowing that it's the last time I'll see Landon Collins, Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon, Dee White, Jalston Fowler, and a bunch of other guys in Crimson. The game should not have been lost. This one stings big time

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
We didn't want it as much as OSU did and they played better. i think this loss falls on the coaches more than the players. The same problems on d against auburn and Mizzou weren't fixed and our offensive playcalling was baffling.
Agree wholeheartedly with all of this. I very much hope to see the 3rd and long issue addressed, as well as the long ball issues, this spring.

All things considered, this team overachieved this year IMO. I didn't really expect a ton this season. But next year is a different story.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
In some ways -- we may be more effective offensively next year when we don't feel compelled to give Amari 10 catches a game.....I love Amari - going to be a great pro -- but at times - CLKs need to feed Cooper the ball really hurt us.....and this time (like at Ole Miss) -- we were one or two plays short of being able to overcome it.

Alabama Football, you are still my BB -- and I love you -- but right now, I need my space for a little while ;)
True and if we stick with the run more I think the O will be able to have sustained drives. The D gave up big plays, but also gave us more than enough opportunities to win.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
In some ways -- we may be more effective offensively next year when we don't feel compelled to give Amari 10 catches a game.....I love Amari - going to be a great pro -- but at times - CLKs need to feed Cooper the ball really hurt us.....and this time (like at Ole Miss) -- we were one or two plays short of being able to overcome it.

Alabama Football, you are still my BB -- and I love you -- but right now, I need my space for a little while ;)
Yes, we definitely need to spread the ball around a bit more. But I will refrain from too much analysis tonight. Tomorrow I'm sure I will be doing plenty of that but now I'm just going to lick my wounds.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Tough loss, but a very good season. I'm proud of these guys. They never quit. We have some things to address in the off-season that I'm sure our coaches and players will handle. RTR! 2014 SEC Champions. That ain't small potatoes!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not gonna dive deeply into this, nor do I expect to get much support in this opinion, but...

Bama is paying $8+ million/year for the Saban / Smart combo, and with everything they have (which is literally any and everything they could ever ask for) on hand, I'm having a hard time seeing teams roll up HUGE offensive numbers against us, particularly when they aren't running much HUNH (a la this year's Iron Bowl or tonight's game) - in both cases the teams primarily lined up and outplayed us.

I think Saban is a great coach, but he'd better address these defensive issues ASAP - as I'm not the only Bama fan who watches these games, knows the recruiting history, knows all the tools at the coaches disposal - and wonders what's going on...

We gave up 1,167 yards to OSU and the barn.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Glad to see the guys keep fighting, but we really looked lost much of the game. I'm surprised how poor the overall game plan was and how poorly we were prepared with so much on the line. Very disappointing.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.