Something to think about for next season

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Afraid so ! I think we have a good team coming back. Defense will have to carry us in the beginning. We Could lose 2-3 games next year.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have won 2 NC's with 1st year QB's. Saban will have us back in the big game soon. Never underestimate a Saban coached team.us.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
We will be back in the same position next year as we were this year, no proven QB. Expect the same kind of year next year.
It almost sounds like you're complaining. I hate the playoffs, but if you are actually complaining about the prospect of "only" making the playoff next year, I think you need to revisit your expectations.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I think it will be fun to examine next years team. Its always interesting to see who steps up and fills certain holes and roles....and who surprises us in the fall and spring. We will certainly have a lot of leadership spots to fill and some experience leaving. It seems like we always say that at the end of every year doesn't it?

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Let me premise this by saying I am a Blake fan and thought he had a heck of a year. I have said it previously, he is a Coach Bryant type player as far as guts and will to win is concerned.

With that said, I think we will be better at QB next year. Blake won the job very late against a guy who had limited knowledge and experience in the system. Coker will have had 2 offseasons and 1 season in the "process". So, hopefully he will be ready to play next year. I think he has more "arm talent" and potential as a passer. I also think that Blake won some games for us this year with his legs that Coker couldn't have. It will be back to back seasons starting with a "green QB". That is something to be concerned about.

The key is defense. This years D played well overall. We have kind of been spoiled with defensive units like the 2009 and 2011 teams. We looked confused a lot this year in the secondary. I think that has to be nailed down. I do feel good about the D line and think we have some young talent at LB that will be big time players next year. I guess I am an optimist. The uptempo didn't look quite as scary this year. Another interesting thing to watch is changes in the staff because we do have some very talented assistant coaches.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I don't think we should be so quick to write in Coker as next year's starter. But I don't want to stir up that debate tonight :p
Could be right, competition is healthy. Will be another interesting off-season. Whoever it ends up being, I know they will have to be a winner to start for Coach Saban.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think we are 2 years away from a championship run, but I also didn't see 08 being in a position to be in one. So stuff can happen, but I think defense will be the key to how far we go.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly Mom..That's how spoiled us Bama Fans have become..Anything less than winning a NC is not good or up to "Bama Football Standards", when in actuality, winning the SEC would be a dream come true for any other SEC team..If Coker comes in & wins a NC next year,some of our fans, will want Coach Saban fired cause he played Blake this season instead of Coker..I can see it now..LOL
So you mean...we will win the SEC and be in the playoffs? Ok by me...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Winning the SEC will be a lot harder next year, as will just winning the West. Lot of work to do on defense (A LOT), and offensively, I just hope in games like last night, Bama can just do what works and run the ball!

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
My point being we were extremely fortunate to be 10-2. We could have easily lost Arkansas, LSU, MSU and Auburn games. If that happens next year, this board and our fans will be going ballistic. I will not say anymore because I will get banned but it is something to think about.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.