Preseason ranking guesses?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I wonder where we'll start off in the rankings?

I'm going to guess around that 7 or 8 range.

Are there any teams out there any of you predict that will be a "surprise top 5 ranking"?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
depends on who wins it all, who goes pro, etc. too early to think about that because so many unknowns. We are losing a lot on offense and had a lousy defense three straight games. I'd guess bottom half of top 10 for us.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Bama is 109 in experience, so even though they will be losing some A-A talent, there are plenty of youngsters coming up.
Preseason, probably 5 or 6; I mean, Bama lost two games by a total of 13 points and had a chance to win both.
Oregon won't be there because MM will go pro, OSU/TCU will be, but who else will be higher than Bama?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bama is 109 in experience, so even though they will be losing some A-A talent, there are plenty of youngsters coming up.
Preseason, probably 5 or 6; I mean, Bama lost two games by a total of 13 points and had a chance to win both.
Oregon won't be there because MM will go pro, OSU/TCU will be, but who else will be higher than Bama?
Yeah, I would think we would be anywhere from 3-5. We still have a ton of talent and great coaching. We will also pull in another great recruiting class, work hard in the off season, and be ready to go again next year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They will be top 5-6 IMO ... depends on how they rate TCU. Ohio State will be most like no. 1 with all they are bringing back. Bama should still be the top ranked SEC preseason.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama will probably be near the bottom in experience next year too though. I'd be surprised if Bama was in the top 80 in experience.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Because we are Alabama and Saban is still our coach I will guess top 10 or even top 5. Given hwt we have coming back it should be about 11 or 12 but we will be higher.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We'll be up there. But Ohio State is going to be #1, no matter what happens in the championship. They'll have their QBs returning (if Miller doesn't transfer) and Oregon won't.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The experience ranking (Steele's) doesn't always paint the whole picture. There is emphasis on seniors as well as number of starts on the offensive line. Bama had a true freshman starting on the offensive line which drives the experience ranking down. Losing junior starters to the NFL every year leaves fewer seniors starting which also drives the number down.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
There will not be 1 SEC team in top 10 to start next season. The "SEC bias" is officially over. Only Mark May will defend us on ESPN come this fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.