A bit ashamed and a lot disgusted....

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The ashamed portion first:

I was at the have tonight and everything was fine until the final three minutes when people were leaving in droves. I could'nt believe what I was seeing. I thought this was bad until I got home and started reading these forums and just. . . I don't even know.

Now the disgusted :

I hope my daughter marries Bob stoops before she ever helps an Ohio state fan out of a burning house. Take your pick. . .

Was it getting cursed at from kickoff on?

was it having fans screaming literally in my face after the loss (and we're Not talking 18 year old drunk kidsbut instead loo% sober adults.

The things I wish on their fanbase and their children and their grandchildren would get me banned immediately

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I was at the have tonight and everything was fine until the final three minutes when people were leaving in droves. I could'nt believe what I was seeing. I thought this was bad until I got home and started reading these forums and just. . . I don't even know.

Now the disgusted :

I hope my daughter marries Bob stoops before she ever helps an Ohio state fan out of a burning house. Take your pick. . .

was it having fans screaming literally in my face after the loss (and we're Not talking 18 year old drunk kidsbut instead loo% sober adults.

The things I wish on their fanbase and their children and their grandchildren would get me banned immediately
Best way to avoid this....... Don't go to the game and watch the game at home.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
The reason I never attend games anymore. I have a power button on my TV. I used it tonight. Didn't hear the first insult.

Now the disgusted :

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
All fan bases have their idiots. However, all fan bases also have classy folks. Sorry you ran into the former.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
That said, I'll hear it tomorrow. SC is overrun with OSU fans. I guess they realized that Ohio sucks and they all moved down here. Anyway, I hope the Ducks crush them. I hate OSU almost as much as I hate Tennessee, Auburn, and ND combined.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Son went to game took ten year old daughter said it was a big mistake Ohio Fans behind him use the F word ever other word said he would never take her again for a game like this.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Son went to game took ten year old daughter said it was a big mistake Ohio Fans behind him use the F word ever other word said he would never take her again for a game like this.
I'm not surprised. It's hard to find a worse fan base than OSU. Unfortunately, the last few Bama games I attended weren't any better. That's why I gave up going to games. I'm not a prude, but I just don't want to sit through 3+ hours of drunk people cussing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not to stereotype but in my run ins with northerners I find that they tend to cuss a lot because it's everyday jargon for them. I really don't know why everyone finds it so surprising that college football has fans that are rude and vulgar, let alone a stadium that serves alcohol in New Orleans. I think people should either not go if it doesn't meet their family friendly expectations or call it for what it is... A gamble at getting to be beside good clean fans or being with obnoxious idiots.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Not to stereotype but in my run ins with northerners I find that they tend to cuss a lot because it's everyday jargon for them. I really don't know why everyone finds it so surprising that college football has fans that are rude and vulgar, let alone a stadium that serves alcohol in New Orleans. I think people should either not go if it doesn't meet their family friendly expectations or call it for what it is... A gamble at getting to be beside good clean fans or being with obnoxious idiots.
When I worked Sandy we were troubleshooting a no lights call in Massachusetts and me and the guy talked for about 30 minutes. He said the "f word" about 50 times during that conversation, but he was as nice as he could be.

Now myself, if I say it that many times in one of my convo's, I'm getting ready to shoot or fight someone:biggrin:

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Profanity is normal language in parts of the midwest/upper midwest/northeast - maybe it's the lousy winters.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think before we stereotype and entire fan base that a little perspective and rationale is in order. I attended this year's Florida game and sat in the south end zone upper deck. About four guys down from me was the most obnoxious fan I've ever had the misfortune to sit near in all my years of attending sporting events. Every second word was a foul one and every fourth one was the "f" one. And he was verbally picking fights with the few Florida fans where we were, all of whom were behaving themselves.

I wanted to forcibly eject him over the top of the deck because it was just plain irritating.

ONE bad fan can ruin the whole day.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Now the disgusted :

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...Now the disgusted :

My experience with their fans couldn't have been more different. No trash talk or gloating; very gracious; somewhat surprised at their own win.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My experience with their fans couldn't have been more different. No trash talk or gloating; very gracious; somewhat surprised at their own win.
Yea same here. I sat beside some OSU players families, and had se very classy fans on the way back to the bus. I do know that they are known for trash talk so I can see where people might of encounter this, but it's all part of the gamble of who you get.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I think some of you may have misunderstood my issue with their fans. I don't mind profanity as the "f" weird is personally I've of my favorites. My issue is when the three sections I had friends in during the game, some with children, were being singled out and cursed AT ("hey you -------- Bama fan, what's that--------- Saban gonna do now?") And stuff directed at them. Cheer, curse, drink. I'm fine with that, with the exception of of around kids and definitely not when it comes to getting what would be considered "in people's faces."

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I think some of you may have misunderstood my issue with their fans. I don't mind profanity as the "f" weird is personally I've of my favorites. My issue is when the three sections I had friends in during the game, some with children, were being singled out and cursed AT ("hey you -------- Bama fan, what's that--------- Saban gonna do now?") And stuff directed at them. Cheer, curse, drink. I'm fine with that, with the exception of of around kids and definitely not when it comes to getting what would be considered "in people's faces."
Maybe a few Alabama wrecking balls would solve the problem. Curse at Bama fans and get attacked by some kid's mom. Every. Time. Might put a stop to it.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Yep, that's pretty much their fan base. Tampa is loaded with them and I have been to 2 Bama v ohio games in the past....that said, I am well aware of how they are...even in losses they are running their mouths.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
The reason I never attend games anymore. I have a power button on my TV. I used it tonight. Didn't hear the first insult.
I also turned the TV off, got off of the computer and read a book after the game. I am so glad that I did because some of the stuff that I see on message forums and twitter this morning is just awful. I really don't care how shameful members of other fanbases act, but the way supposed Bama fans have attacked our own players on Twitter is absolutely disgusting. Sure, I was disappointed with the outcome of the game. But I was at the A-Day game and came away like everyone else, expecting this to be a "rebuilding" year. I understand that this team really overachieved this season and I could not be more proud of them for the way that they represented my University. I wish some of our fans acted as mature and with the amount of class as these 17-22 year olds.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.