Thank you Coach Kiffin!

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
I for one am thankful for Coach Kiffin. Without Coach Kiffin, we easily lose Auburn and with 35 points last night, it should have been enough to win the Sugar Bowl. Coach Kiffin absolutely NOT the problem. Cant wait to see our next offense! Roll Tide!:biga2:

B

BroadwayJoe777

Is it just me or are these "Thank You" threads nauseating?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I agree with you about CLK. Some people are pointing fingers right now but I also think his play calling did help us win the Iron Bowl. Without that win we wouldn't have even made the playoff. IMO the play calling was worse a year ago (before CLK) in the "Kick-Six" Iron Bowl than it was last night. We will be able to judge better next season when CLK has to design an offense around a new QB.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Coach Kiffin did a lot to repair his damaged reputation this year. I wasn't a fan, but was intrigued by the hire. At this point, I am happy with the work he's done at Bama and I am glad he will be back next year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I hope Kiffin decides to hang around a while. I know some of you think I'm crazy, but I could see him potentially as our next HC.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hope Kiffin decides to hang around a while. I know some of you think I'm crazy, but I could see him potentially as our next HC.
I was happy this year with CLKs work.....

But, to be honest, I see him as the "Charlie Sheen" of Coaching -- he's dang good at what he does -- but at some point -- he's going to step in a big pile of shaving cream.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Without Kiffin, you don't make it into the playoffs - but he needs to learn from this failure. It was clear to me and everyone in my house that we were running the exact same defensive scheme that we used against MSU, and the effect was the same. We were taking away Cooper and giving up our edge defense to do so. We still had Bosa to stop up the middle, but we had no answer for outside running plays. No idea why Kiffin didn't take advantage of that. Of course that doesn't place the loss at Kiffin's feet, but it just had me puzzled.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Of course a lot of fans were yelling "RUN THE BALL" as that was clearly working with Henry to the outside. Bosa was essentially a non factor, other than his presence requiring double coverage opening up spots for Bennett and others.

Im a huge Kiffin fan. Having said that, does anyone think he just doesn't care for the run game because that play call doesn't make it in to the highlights and get him on TV raising his arms in premature celebration? Kiffin is clearly an ego maniac and run plays doesn't boost that ego as much. Just my opinion I guess.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Coach Kiffin did a lot to repair his damaged reputation this year. I wasn't a fan, but was intrigued by the hire. At this point, I am happy with the work he's done at Bama and I am glad he will be back next year.
I agree and look forward to seeing him hold his hands up before the inevitable touchdown.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Without Kiffin, you don't make it into the playoffs - but he needs to learn from this failure. It was clear to me and everyone in my house that we were running the exact same defensive scheme that we used against MSU, and the effect was the same. We were taking away Cooper and giving up our edge defense to do so. We still had Bosa to stop up the middle, but we had no answer for outside running plays. No idea why Kiffin didn't take advantage of that. Of course that doesn't place the loss at Kiffin's feet, but it just had me puzzled.
I thought that OSU had us scouted really well on both sides of the ball. They knew what we were running -- especially in the passing game -- as soon as the ball was snapped. I too do not know why we didn't run it outside until they shifted. Anyway, great game by OSU.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Kiffin was a great addition overall for this past season; but it doesn't mean he's perfect. You can make mistakes and still have a great overall rating. I think he did a great job this season; although I think the play-calling in the Sugar Bowl was pretty bad. It is what it is. Still glad to have him on our staff.

Just my two cents.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.