Thank you Coach Kiffin!

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Kiffin has much to learn. He's a brilliant coordinator that out smarts himself, and it's hurt every team he's coached including ours. He can set up big plays, its when he realizes that patience and establishing dominance at the line of scrimmage is key, that's when he can be great.

When something is working let it work. It cost us 2 games.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Wow, simply voicing personal opinions get's all these dislikes. I guess after a loss this is what happens. Take a breather folks.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Without Kiffin, you don't make it into the playoffs - but he needs to learn from this failure. It was clear to me and everyone in my house that we were running the exact same defensive scheme that we used against MSU, and the effect was the same. We were taking away Cooper and giving up our edge defense to do so. We still had Bosa to stop up the middle, but we had no answer for outside running plays. No idea why Kiffin didn't take advantage of that. Of course that doesn't place the loss at Kiffin's feet, but it just had me puzzled.
Play calling was only part of it. Our DB falls down on a deep ball and OSU scores. Sims tosses a pick 6 and then a drive killing red zone INT. Defense breaks down and OSU takes advantage of it. We lose 2 to injury on D and it turns a good D to an average D. A taunting penalty starts the momentum shift to OSU, but most of all OSU was just the better team.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Without Kiffin, you don't make it into the playoffs - but he needs to learn from this failure. It was clear to me and everyone in my house that we were running the exact same defensive scheme that we used against MSU, and the effect was the same. We were taking away Cooper and giving up our edge defense to do so. We still had Bosa to stop up the middle, but we had no answer for outside running plays. No idea why Kiffin didn't take advantage of that. Of course that doesn't place the loss at Kiffin's feet, but it just had me puzzled.
I would agree...it seems nussmier? when he was here and now Kiffin fall in love with the pass. Couple case in points...Bama runs for 7 yards then 3 yards for first down...then passes three straight times with 3 straight incompletions then Bama gets the shank punt and throws it again for an interception. As I saw that tight-end lined up for the first time all game at that spot I knew they were going to throw it to him. It was too obvious. I think everyone has fallen in love with these high powered offenses and forgotten that running the ball can win you games too. Using up clock keeps the opponent off the field, the defense off the field. It wasn't that long ago that Bama only threw the ball , 13? times in the 2009 Bcs championship game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.