Question: Any Bama staff changes?

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Just wondering what everyone is hearing on the staff change front. I know Kevin Steele is rumored to be in the mix for DC at LSU. It wouldn't shock me if McElwain/Nuss tried to grab somebody from us if they saw a good fit. I haven't heard any rumors of CNS forcing any changes. I know that clamor to get rid of (or reassign) Bobby Williams got loud after the Arkansas game, but it seems to have calmed down and he has a really close bond with CNS as I understand it.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I would love to see a new D-line coach. I feel like we probably have the most talented line in the nation, yet they aren't getting coached up as well. Just like how Wallace Gilberry and Quinton Dial had mediocre careers at Alabama and now they are both doing very well in the NFL. Gilberry went undrafted and Dial went in the 5th round. To me that says we are not making the most of the talent we have.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I would love to see a new D-line coach. I feel like we probably have the most talented line in the nation, yet they aren't getting coached up as well. Just like how Wallace Gilberry and Quinton Dial had mediocre careers at Alabama and now they are both doing very well in the NFL. Gilberry went undrafted and Dial went in the 5th round. To me that says we are not making the most of the talent we have.
You are trippin'! Ain't no way Bo gets let go, he's fantastic.

By the way, Gilberry was first team all SEC. That's not mediocre.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm not going to name any names but there are a few that I wish would leave. IMHO we have too many recruiters and not enough coaches. Some of the changes that were made in the past couple of years have been puzzling to me and the only explanation that I have is that CNS favors recruiting over coaching ability.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thinking it will only be the case if coaches leave for other positions but I really doubt any other coaches will be let go/changed.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
What?

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
You are trippin'! Ain't no way Bo gets let go, he's fantastic.

By the way, Gilberry was first team all SEC. That's not mediocre.
And, Gilberry didn't play for Saban. Dial has been gone for 2 years now; Bo Davis was not his position coach. The DL was the obvious strength this year for the defense. Agree, it doesn't make sense to me to push Bo Davis out.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And, Gilberry didn't play for Saban. Dial has been gone for 2 years now; Bo Davis was not his position coach. The DL was the obvious strength this year for the defense. Agree, it doesn't make sense to me to push Bo Davis out.
For your reference Gilberry played for Coach Saban in 2007. No way Bo is going anywhere and I agree DL was a strength.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
There are issues on the DL but I don't blame them on Bo. It seems like to me we are doing exactly what we have been doing in previous years, signing guys with good speed and bulking them up to the point they can barely move. That also has to hurt their endurance. Our DL was dominant early on last night but then got dominated the rest of the way. I would like to see some of our guys drop at least 15-20 lbs to see what they could do. Both A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen have both put on too much weight to use their speed effectively, IMHO.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
There are issues on the DL but I don't blame them on Bo. It seems like to me we are doing exactly what we have been doing in previous years, signing guys with good speed and bulking them up to the point they can barely move. That also has to hurt their endurance. Our DL was dominant early on last night but then got dominated the rest of the way. I would like to see some of our guys drop at least 15-20 lbs to see what they could do. Both A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen have both put on too much weight to use their speed effectively, IMHO.
Spot on. Good post.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I must be watching a different DL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.