2015 Under Armour All-American Game

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
We are taking the loss bad.I just started watching anybody know anyone new we got?:biga2:

From this point on down, WMack4Bama is posting. See below regarding the Bama commitments and targets in the UAAA game.

Team White: (Team Highlight)
Alabama Commitments
QB – Blake Barnett, Corona (Calif.) Santiago (elected team captain)

WR – Calvin Ridley, Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch
TE – Hale Hentges, Jefferson (Mo.) Helias
OG – Lester Cotton, Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Central (injured..out with a concussion suffered early in the week)
OG – Brandon Kennedy, Wetumpka (Ala.) High
OG – Richie Petitbon, Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga
S Shawn Burgess-Becker, Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch
S Deionte Thompson, Orange (Texas) West Orange-Stark (early enrollee at UA)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bama Targets:
RB Damien Harris, Berea (Ky.) Madison Southern (elected team captain) (announcing on January 9th)

WR Terry Godwin, Hogansville (Ga.) Callaway (UGA Commit, will visit UA on January 23rd)
OT Drew Richmond, Memphis (Tenn.) University School (Ole Miss Commit...will visit UA on January 16th)
CB Iman Marshall, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly (roomed with Blake Barnett)
CB Kendall Sheffield, Missouri City (Texas) Marshall (expected to announce between Bama & A&M) - committed to Bama
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Black (Team Armour)
Alabama Commitments:
LB Adonis Thomas, Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett

LB Joshua McMillon, Memphis (Tenn.) Whitehaven (injured with torn ACL...will not play)
CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peters Prep
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bama Targets:
DT Daron Payne, Birmingham (Ala.) Shades Valley (expected to announce between Bama & Auburn) - committed to Bama

S Kerryon Johnson, Madison (Ala.) Madison Academy (Committed to AU, but will visit UA on January 23rd)

A recap of Bama commits/targets in the game via Roll Bama Roll:

Calvin Ridley was only targeted twice all game. He played the outside receiver on the right side of the field. His first target was a slightly under thrown back shoulder fade in the end zone from Blake Barnett. Ridley almost managed to pull it in with one hand, but it ended up incomplete. He also took a quick out route from Barnett in which he stiff-armed CB Minkah Fitzpatrick to the ground and sprinted for 28 yards down the sideline before tripping over the turf.

Shawn Burgess-Becker had a mostly quiet game. He lined up some at deep safety, but was mostly used as a nickel back covering the slot receiver. He got in on a few tackles and pass coverages here and there, but his best play was a very impressive open field tackle on the 230 pound running back, Jacques Patrick.

Deionte Thompson was solely used as a single high safety. He looked fast patrolling the deep third of the field, but to my knowledge he was not involved in any tackles or pass defenses. He also looks even thinner than he did in high school.

Blake Barnett was the second leading passer on the night. He completed 5-10 passes for 66 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. While he did not really attempt anything over about 15 yards, most of Barnett's throws were tough out routes and 3rd and long conversions on outside curls or back shoulder fades. He had one scramble play where he heaved the ball on the run about 25 yards to the end zone where it hit his tight end perfectly in his outstretched hands. It was a little contested, however, and the ball fell incomplete. He also added 8 yards on 5 rushes.

Brandon Kennedy had some extensive playing time, spending a little time at center but mostly at right guard. While he seemed to hold his own on most plays, Daylon Mack absolutely stole his lunch money a couple of times, and Kennedy single-handedly caused a few tackles for loss.

Richie Petitbon played almost the entire game at left guard, and gave an admirable performance. He went back and forth with Daron Payne most of the game, and mostly held Payne in check. Petitbon looked solid both in his run blocking and his pass protection, and I noticed him constantly getting to the second level to block linebackers and pave the way for Damien Harris's big rushing night.

Lester Cotton sustained a concussion during the practices this week, and did not participate in the game.

Hale Hentges dropped an easy catch from Blake Barnett on the first drive of the game, and that was about his only TV time. I saw him block a defensive back on running play later on, but that was about it from the tight end.

Kendall Sheffield had a nice game overall. He actually led his team with five solo tackles, and looked like a missile closing in on ball carriers near the sidelines. Like any good Alabama defensive back, an opposing QB managed to complete a deep ball against him. It was one of those where Sheffield was in position and even got his head turned to make the interception, but the ball still ended up in the receiver's hands. That aside, his pure speed is very apparent on the field.

Adonis Thomas had a mostly quiet game. He was involved in a couple of tackles and a tackle for loss on a blitz. He never put his hand in the dirt to rush the passer that I saw, but he looked very comfortable in pass coverage.

Minkah Fitzpatrick did not have the best of nights. While he did keep Barnett from hooking up with Ridley for a touchdown, Ridley managed to stiff arm him to the ground later. He also (again, like any good Alabama defensive back) gave up a long ball down the sideline. You can tell from watching him move though, Fitzpatrick is an elite and eerily smooth athlete.

Josh McMillon was supposedly in this game. I never actually saw him, so I don't know if he didn't play or was just invisible.

Daron Payne had a great game. He was mostly asked to take on double teams and two gap responsibilities while Daylon Mack pinned his ears back. And Payne did so admirably, almost always moving the double team back a yard or two. On the few plays he was allowed to attack a single gap, Payne was extremely disruptive. He had one monster swim move that left the offensive lineman staring into space as Payne swallowed the back for a loss. He also got his hands up to bat down a Blake Barnett pass.

Alabama had a few uncommitted targets playing in this game too.

Daylon Charlot, a former commitment, had a punt return for a touchdown and almost took a second on to the house, but was tripped by the turf monster. Obtaining Charlot's re-re-commitment would be huge for the class, as Ridley is the only receiver right now.

Damien Harris was the game's leading rusher, putting up 110 yards and a touchdown on only 16 carries, and looking like the nation's top running back along the way.

Leo Lewis (one of my favorites for the 2015 cycle before he decommitted in the summer) was involved in seeming every play at middle linebacker and was all over the field.

Byron Cowart, the nation's top defensive end, had a very solid game. He made himself at home in the opposing team's backfield and forced a fumble.

Alabama was well represented in this game, and then stole the show with two top prospects committing to the Tide in-game on live television.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: No armour threads

Just turned it on about the time Payne gave his verbal.

Has Blake Barnett played yet at qb?

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I just turned on when I posted was watching the SEC network,got caught up in all the meltdown.How did Barnett do?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Sorry...I'll take responsibility for this one. I'm still in bereavement over last night. I'll post some info in the original post shortly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.