Tim Tebow's reaction to Bama being behind

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Did anyone else notice how Tim Tebow seemed downright giddy over Bama falling behind during the broadcast? It seemed quite clear that he was pulling against Bama. I don't think he should be working these games if he cant keep his emotions in check and at least appear to be neutral. I always liked him until last night. But I now I want him OFF the broadcast team.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Well, I think it is somewhat unprofessional to provide motivational speeches to one opponent when you will later be providing analysis on the game during halftime. If I were ESPN I would shut that down going forward...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
As far as ESPN is concerned, Tebow can do what he wants. It's always been that way. Me personally, I don't care what he says about Bama or any other team for that matter. He's there to provide entertainment.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Eh... I just don't have much of a problem with it. He's an Urban Meyer disciple. I do think he's got a lot to learn about being a broadcaster, but he's a far cry better than Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
It might surprise you, but I think he showed a little too much excitement talking about the first half and how tOSU team was playing. I would have liked him to be a little more objective, but it's not just his former coach as tOSU HC but a dear friend. It shouldn't change how you feel about him as a person or former college player. He's just not as polished to hide his emotions and would have likely acted the same if it was Alabama playing FSWho in favor of Bama. By the way he is and always has been a fan of Alabama and has said as much and he supports the SEC. I guess Urban trumps all that.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
It might surprise you, but I think he showed a little too much excitement talking about the first half and how tOSU team was playing. I would have liked him to be a little more objective, but it's not just his former coach as tOSU HC but a dear friend. It shouldn't change how you feel about him as a person or former college player. He's just not as polished to hide his emotions and would have likely acted the same if it was Alabama playing FSWho in favor of Bama. By the way he is and always has been a fan of Alabama and has said as much and he supports the SEC. I guess Urban trumps all that.
Agree. Tebow's a good guy. I have no problem with him. Just wish he could have stayed with the Broncos as a tight-end or something. ;)

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Agree. Tebow's a good guy. I have no problem with him. Just wish he could have stayed with the Broncos as a tight-end or something. ;)
Haha! He still thinks he can play QB in the NFL. It would be nice to see him playing. It would do the NFL good.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Haha! He still thinks he can play QB in the NFL. It would be nice to see him playing. It would do the NFL good.
I would like more than most anything to believe he can do it but I just don't know. His mechanics have been pretty bad and now he's been out of the game for a bit. I do not want to see him turn into Uncle Rico. However, he is a good guy to have on your team. It's hard to find a guy who can grind as hard as Tebow does.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
If he is a fan of BAMA and supports the SEC, he has a strange way of showing it.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I would like more than most anything to believe he can do it but I just don't know. His mechanics have been pretty bad and now he's been out of the game for a bit. I do not want to see him turn into Uncle Rico. However, he is a good guy to have on your team. It's hard to find a guy who can grind as hard as Tebow does.
Agreed. Nobody wants the drama and road show. He's toast, but will do well wherever. I do want him to stick to announcing and hope he improves.

B

BroadwayJoe777

It is a fact that Tim Tebow is still madly in love with Urban Meyer.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
If he is a fan of BAMA and supports the SEC, he has a strange way of showing it.
As I said, Meyer trumps all of that. If you know their off the field relationship, you'd get it. He is very close to the whole family and they talk on the phone nearly every day.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
at ESPN it appears there are rules for some of the on air personalities, and other rules for the rest. Tebow and his man crush on Urban Myth, Galloway & Kurt open love fest of OSU, and the wizzend one over ND. The Alabama guys -- Greg and Rece -- can barely acknowledge they went to Bama.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
at ESPN it appears there are rules for some of the on air personalities, and other rules for the rest. Tebow and his man crush on Urban Myth, Galloway & Kurt open love fest of OSU, and the wizzend one over ND. The Alabama guys -- Greg and Rece -- can barely acknowledge they went to Bama.
You forgot Desmond and Michigan as well as Corso and FSU. It happens. Some just can't be unbiased even though they try and then others are just outright like Holtz.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.