So Who Wins It? Oregon Or Ohio State?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The Buckeyes are better than I realized. Can they avoid a letdown ? Meyer's experience is a plus, so I'm taking OSU late 35-32.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Should be a good game, will be pulling for the Buckeyes, but if the same Oregon team shows up tOSU may be in trouble. Plus I hate Oregon's uniforms.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I honestly have no idea who will win this one. Which is why I expect it to be a good game. I hate it that we lost but I love the game -- I am definitely planning on watching it.
Ditto.

I'll say this, there's a part of me that's glad it's OSU and not us - Oregon has gotten better all year long and they are REALLY humming now.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
CUM will have tOSU ready but this is the year of the Ducks. No way tOSU keeps pace with a third string QB.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
All of the FSU turnovers were a gift to Oregon that only happen dreams. OSU's back end is too good for Oregon and the run game too strong. OSU wins.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Oregon appeared to be a machine to me yesterday. And those turnovers - they were not gifts. The Ducks have an opportunistic defense that knows how to strip the ball and create turnovers. And the offense capitalizes on them. That offense, like it or not, is very hard to stop.

I'm saying that tOSU keeps things close until the middle of the 3rd quarter. Then the Ducks pull away and win it by two TDs.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I got to go with Oregon, they looked really good against FSU. Their interior lines are playing much better than they did against the barn a few years ago. I also think their coach has done a good job following the guy who put them on the map.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Don't ask me. I thought LSU would beat ND. I thought *u would beat Wisky. I THOUGHT Bama would beat OSU. Plus, now that Bama is out of it...my heart is just not in it.

Roll Tide! Next year [sigh).
Me too. But I also thought A&M would beat W Va., Mich St would beat Baylor and S Carolina would beat Miami. So I think OSU will win.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm pulling for Oregon because they are less likely to become a dynasty compared to OSU. Also, from what I can tell Helfrich and Mariota are very humble and likeable, clasy people. If OSU wins I could see them winning next year also with what they have coming back..

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
First of all, after watching both games yesterday, it looked obvious to me that Oregon's strengths and our weaknesses would play heavily into Oregon's favor. So, while it stings to lose by 7 to OSU, I think Oregon may have put a whipping on us; so we've been spared that.

I thought FSU's gameplan was solid, they just couldn't finish. Three trips inside the red zone in the first half netted six points. If they score TDs on those three drives and the FG at the buzzer goes in, that is an entirely different game.

I think if OSU plays it smart and punishes Oregon with the run, sustains drives and scores TDs, they've got a good shot (keeping the Duck O on the sideline). However, their play calling down the stretch last night has me doubting they'll follow through with a plan like that. Any mistakes and the Ducks are off to the races.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
While sitting here watching the Cactus Bowl between Washington and Oklahoma State, I realized during a commercial break that the whole thing's been rigged from the beginning. And I realized that if I'd been paying close enough attention, the playoff goons have been telling us all along who they plan to install as the first playoff champion. They've been openly taunting us, you see, like some big inside joke that only they are in on. And the joke's on us.

See, look: FSU was obviously very overrated - losing by 40 made that obvious. So FSU is "Banana Tech". And since "Dr. Pepper" beat "Banana Tech", that makes "Dr. Pepper" Oregon. "Dr. Pepper" crushes "Sandwich" in the final, ergo FSU was overrated, that OSU sandwich is a loser, the committee brushes Bama aside as just a bag of chips, and Oregon has been tapped to win the championship game.

The committee thinks they're slick, but I see through their charade.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.