So Who Wins It? Oregon Or Ohio State?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I have no doubts that Ohio State would beat Florida State after looking at the two teams up close and personal. So yeah, I fully believe Ohio State will give Oregon a game.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Honestly, I think OSU saved Bama from getting embarrassed by Oregon. I think Oregon is better than Bama this year....the thing is....they are better than OSU as well. I was very impressed with how Oregon handled themselves against FSU. After winning the game they were very composed...it was taking care of business for them. Oregon is a team on a mission...while OSU is in euphoria after beating Bama and the SEC (a stated goal) Oregon is a well oiled machine. Oregon by three scores.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Ohio St is faster than I thought. Oregon is more physical than I thought. Both are extremely well coached and focused in what they do. Urban Meyer had perhaps his biggest win ever against his nemesis Nick Saban and Alabama . Oregon had most likely the biggest win in program history against a defending champion riding a 29 game win streak. The team that wins will be the one who can best put their big wins behind them. It will be a great game to see but I have no idea who wins.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
I will be pulling for Oregon to win. I was at the game the other night. OSU fans were the most condescending I have ever seen towards Alabama. We heard snide, rude comments about Bama's band, Bama fans' lack of literacy, and Bama's lack of class because Jalin Marshall's helmet kept coming off. We were playing dirty! They could not be content with just cheering for their team but felt like they had to denigrate Bama as well. With that so fresh in my mind, I'll be pulling for Oregon to obliterate them.

I think it can happen too. OSU's D line is good but their defense as a whole is very vulnerable. Oregon outscores them.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
OSU didn't exactly stop Bama's run game and, face it BS is no MM. MM is a much better passer, and I don't think OSU will shut them down.
On the flip, not sure if ducks can completely shut down OSU running, but they don't give up big plays passing (OSU's strength).
OSU hasn't played anybody that fast and yes, ducks are faster than OSU.
Probably be a very good game, and close, but I think ducks win if they have no turnovers. I won't be watching since I could care less.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I'm old school, and i don't like "Johhny-Come-Lately" schools (like Oregon) vying for the title of National Champion. Once a school like Oregon wins it, all the schools will start to believe they can win it. Who's next? Boise State? Utah?

I'll pull for a team like Ohio State in a game like this every time. One who's stood the test of time like we have. Oregon, try to maintain relevance for at least 40-50 years before you think about taking our trophies home with you.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, I started the thread so I'll give my final prediction.
I write a volunteer sports column for our little home town weekly newspaper.
This week, I wrote about the upcoming game, and I picked Ohio State to win 51-45.
I started the thread with OSU winning 48-45.
Their kicker just got three points better :)
I just don't think that a team (Ohio State), that can line up and run over our defense can lose.
People talk about our pass rush and coverage. We got beat because our rush defense gave up the largest individual rushing performance in Sugar Bowl history.
If we can't stop Ohio State running the ball, guess what? Oregon has no prayer to stop them.
I pick the game to be close because, as many have said, Ohio State didn't really stop us either, so I think the Ducks will score a bunch too.
But at the end of the day, Ohio States running game will be the difference.
Plus, as I said at the start of the thread, Meyer has done it. He knows what it takes to do it. Oregon is still in the position of knowing what it hopes it can do.
Should be a great game.
RTR
sip

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'm old school, and i don't like "Johhny-Come-Lately" schools (like Oregon) vying for the title of National Champion. Once a school like Oregon wins it, all the schools will start to believe they can win it. Who's next? Boise State? Utah?

I'll pull for a team like Ohio State in a game like this every time. One who's stood the test of time like we have. Oregon, try to maintain relevance for at least 40-50 years before you think about taking our trophies home with you.
+1

Buckeyes win something like 41 - 34.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I could agree with your post if CUM was not tOSUs coach. I do not want talk of CUM being the next big coach, but I do like Ohio State and most of the traditional powers, and I hate, hate, hate, what Zerogon is doing to college football. I am willing to wait til next year for Bama to show that good ol fashioned smash mouth football wins championships.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I'm baffled by the people saying they won't be watching. Last game of college football and it will be a very good one.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
OSU is a good team but even though they beat us fair and square I think the game showed that they are very vulnerable. An inch here, an inch there and you may have a different result. OSU brought their game, us not as much. If both teams play to their potential, Ducks beat Bucs,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.