So Who Wins It? Oregon Or Ohio State?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Oregon. And I'll be pulling for them as much as it pains me. Call me selfish, but I just don't want Meyer to accomplish what Saban has by winning another NC at a different school.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Pass. I am 1-9 in the last 10 Bowl games. The only one I got right was MO. Missouri? The team I picked to go 4-8 in 2014! :rolleye2:

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I hope Oregon beats Ohio bad enough that Urby decides he's once again concerned about not spending enough time with his family.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
While sitting here watching the Cactus Bowl between Washington and Oklahoma State, I realized during a commercial break that the whole thing's been rigged from the beginning. And I realized that if I'd been paying close enough attention, the playoff goons have been telling us all along who they plan to install as the first playoff champion. They've been openly taunting us, you see, like some big inside joke that only they are in on. And the joke's on us.

See, look: FSU was obviously very overrated - losing by 40 made that obvious. So FSU is "Banana Tech". And since "Dr. Pepper" beat "Banana Tech", that makes "Dr. Pepper" Oregon. "Dr. Pepper" crushes "Sandwich" in the final, ergo FSU was overrated, that OSU sandwich is a loser, the committee brushes Bama aside as just a bag of chips, and Oregon has been tapped to win the championship game.

The committee thinks they're slick, but I see through their charade.
I think I saw this episode on "Brad Meltzer's Decoded" on the History Channel. Excellent.

Did you get the tinfoil hat with the script "A" and the houndstooth lining? That's the one I ordered. I hope Amazon delivers it soon...assuming those CIA operatives don't intercept it. :cool:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm gonna take the Ducks! I think Mariota is just too much and I'd much rather see him win it!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
My initial impression was Oregon but after giving it some thought (may not be a good idea!) I will go with OSU. Meyer has been there, done that, so I think that gives them the edge.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I like MM but the problem I have in who I will pull for is awarding the HUNH with a national championship. Part of me wants OSU to win just to show that even OU HUNH cannot beat a strong team but then part of me want OU to win simply because...

I think OSU can win if they eliminate the TOs like FSU had but I honestly don't know what to expect. I would not have done good predicting bowls this year.

Don't ask me. I thought LSU would beat ND. I thought *u would beat Wisky. I THOUGHT Bama would beat OSU. Plus, now that Bama is out of it...my heart is just not in it.

Roll Tide! Next year [sigh).
I feel the same way. As soon as I see the Avenger trailer I'm going to bed. I might not even watch the game just wait for the trailer online.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is going to shock you guys, but I like my Buckeyes in this game. ;)

Serioously, their secondary is terrible and their run defense is no where near as good as yours. If we can avoid turnovers, I don't see Oregon stopping us in this game. The only question - can we stop them? I think that we can stop them more often than they can stop us. Our d-line is going to be the difference maker.

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Serioously, their secondary is terrible and their run defense is no where near as good as yours. If we can avoid turnovers, I don't see Oregon stopping us in this game. The only question - can we stop them? I think that we can stop them more often than they can stop us. Our d-line is going to be the difference maker.

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!
it is an interesting matchup to be sure and i really don't have a preference on who wins. congrats on getting to the game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!
you need to take off your scarlet glasses. 21 points really?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If Oregonblitzkrieg is out there, I'm gonna start eating crow and pick them to win.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
you need to take off your scarlet glasses. 21 points really?
We beat Alabama by 7, and you guys are better than Oregon. I understand why you guys are down about things right now, but I still see beating Alabama as a huge accomplishment.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We beat Alabama by 7, and you guys are better than Oregon. I understand why you guys are down about things right now, but I still see beating Alabama as a huge accomplishment.
I'm not sure about that!

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Think the Ducks have the Bucks huffin' and puffin' on D and take this by a couple of TDs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.