So Who Wins It? Oregon Or Ohio State?

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
Wow this is tough. I live in Ohio and have already gotten f-bombed repeatedly from Buckeye fans last couple days so don't want them to win. I don't want Oregon to win and validate that abomination of an offense they use. I just hate watching it and what it's done to the game. I think Oregon wins though. Good as Meyer is, I think beating Bama took a lot out of OSU emotionally in a game that went to the end. I have to think OSU played about as well as they can, and doing that back to back is tough as we've seen over the years. Oregon was partying mid 3rd quarter. Given my distaste for both teams I may just watch Big Bang Theory reruns.....I figure Oregon by something between 14-20, with it being close till the 4th quarter

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I just love seeing Ohio State logos talking about the Sugar Bowl defeat on Tidefans.
It would have been a bigger accomplishment had the SEC's top brass not gotten beat in every bowl minus Mizzou. That coupled with our recent issues in the Sugar Bowl water down the magnitude of tOSU victory. Regardless congrats to them and I look forward to watching Meyer turn red when that Ducks team goes nuts.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
After watching both games, assuming the Ducks continue playing like that, I don't see anyone beating them. They look the most polished, by far, and make the most of opportunities of any team I think I've ever seen. The Buckeyes might win, but I'd not be surprised if the Ducks win by 20 or more.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
This is going to shock you guys, but I like my Buckeyes in this game. ;)

Serioously, their secondary is terrible and their run defense is no where near as good as yours. If we can avoid turnovers, I don't see Oregon stopping us in this game. The only question - can we stop them? I think that we can stop them more often than they can stop us. Our d-line is going to be the difference maker.

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!
I certainly appreciate the sentiment...but...Bama's normally great defense was nowhere to be found on New Year's night. CUM had your Buckeyes ready to play some football. And once they smelled blood...well...the results speak for themselves. Bama's defense did raise it's capable head from time to time, about the same time Bama's offense buried theirs. I had much confidence in Bama, and some nervousness. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that Bama is a better team than what was displayed on the 1st. Once again, kudos to your Buckeyes, they played like they really wanted it.

Roll Tide!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I appreciate it, but chances are if we played Oregon yesterday they would have boat-raced us.
I agree with that. I think the key to playing Oregon is remaining calm during their hurry up. FSU became so frustrated that they were like children not getting their way. Things were moving too fast for them and they came unraveled on offense and defense. Oregon gave up a ton of yards to them, even before trash time.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I want Ohio State to win to prove that these HUNH offenses cannot win it all against good physical teams.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I ignore all of these Oregon,Oklahoma or Ohio State fans who are members on here.The only reason they come around is to troll.

In all fairness, B1G has been hanging out comfortably since long before he had anything to troll about. I have not seen any snark from any of those guys. Most of them are staying away from our butthurt right now. Now, they may well be off trolling ducky boards!

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
In all fairness, B1G has been hanging out comfortably since long before he had anything to troll about. I have not seen any snark from any of those guys. Most of them are staying away from our butthurt right now. Now, they may well be off trolling ducky boards!
You are probably right.Not saying that you have to.That’s just what i choose to do.If i wanted to see posts from other teams fan bases i’d go to that other cesspool of a message board i won’t mention.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well I thought after watching Oregon dismantle FSU that they would mop the field with us so I will say Oregon and it will not even be close.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Serioously, their secondary is terrible and their run defense is no where near as good as yours. If we can avoid turnovers, I don't see Oregon stopping us in this game. The only question - can we stop them? I think that we can stop them more often than they can stop us. Our d-line is going to be the difference maker.

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!

I opened the thread picking the Bucks, and I stand by my choice.
I just think the Buckeyes are too physical.
sip

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
OSU should win if can protect the ball and makes fewer mistakes than they did in our game. They look very good. The Rose bowl just looked like a blow out by the complete collapse of FSU.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The better team won both playoff games, the difference was FSU completely fell apart while Bama remained competitive.

I hoping the Buckeyes win and suspect they will. FSU left a lot of points on the board before the game got out of hand. I don't see that happening to tOSU.

It's hard to believe Cardale Jones is a 3rd string QB. Urban gets WAY more than his fair share of good QB's.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

Buckeyes 52 - Oregon 31

Go Bucks!
Good luck. You have fielded an excellent team (how could they not be, they beat one of the best?). I just got done watching the BIG 10 Championship Game for the first time (I was watching FSU's game on game day). Yes, it was a terrible, a really terrible Oregon secondary that held the defending national champs with their 2 year, 29 game win streak and their drive to repeat as champions on the line, their Heisman winning QB, their boundless stable of NFL talent and their large, physical athletes that were supposed to push the Oregon lines around all day, to a mere 20 points. And Ekpre-Olomu wasn't even playing.

Cardale is a greenhorn and Oregon will be focused on rattling his cage and trying to force him to make mistakes. Also the nation's enduring disrespect for Oregon's style of football will serve as an impetus to not only defeat Ohio State, but to completely eviscerate them in the big game in order to make a statement. A fire has really been lit under these guys and if they play like they did against FSU, that is exactly what will happen. That's great motivation, and of course the fact that Oregon has no national titles to boast of.

May the best team win.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.