Game Thread: Bham Bowl - ECU v Florida game

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It's a bowl game, it's in Birmingham. This is for you, Bazza!

Gators up 14 -7 in 1st qtr.

In a related comment, I'm surprised Ruffin McNeil at E Carolina hasn't been mentioned more often in the coach carousel.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
Gator LB Antonio Morrison just looked like he blew out a knee. You could hear him screaming from the booth. Prayers for him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just wish B'ham had a better venue for this bowl game. I think one day B'ham will build their dome. Something that would seat 50-60K would be such a better venue for this game and many others the city might could host.

If they could build something near 70K I think B'ham might could host an SEC kickoff type game...like the Chick fil a game in ATL each year.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just wish B'ham had a better venue for this bowl game. I think one day B'ham will build their dome. Something that would seat 50-60K would be such a better venue for this game and many others the city might could host.

If they could build something near 70K I think B'ham might could host an SEC kickoff type game...like the Chick fil a game in ATL each year.
for what?

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
I like coach Mac but knowing he had Dave Baldwin as OC at CSU sure did help him a lot.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
for what?
What it would be used for???

Football games: B'ham bowl, HS championships (probably could host 'em all in a dome), Magic City Classic, SEC kickoff games, SEC Championship game (longshot, but possible).

Basketball: Hosting NCAA regionals, HS championships

Conventions galore.

Just saying it could/would be used.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What it would be used for???

Football games: B'ham bowl, HS championships (probably could host 'em all in a dome), Magic City Classic, SEC kickoff games, SEC Championship game (longshot, but possible).

Basketball: Hosting NCAA regionals, HS championships

Conventions galore.

Just saying it could/would be used.
are you paying for it? last i heard the city was bankrupt.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
are you paying for it? last i heard the city was bankrupt.
Just the problem most outsiders have...they don't really know what's going on in B'ham. It was the Jefferson county that filed for bankruptcy over the sewer deal.

Don't know why you would be so opposed to B'ham helping itself out and moving forward, which seems to be happening, with or without the dome.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just the problem most outsiders have...they don't really know what's going on in B'ham. It was the Jefferson county that filed for bankruptcy over the sewer deal.

Don't know why you would be so opposed to B'ham helping itself out and moving forward, which seems to be happening, with or without the dome.
I am opposed to wasteful spending. I fail to see how it would be worth the money. I fail to see a good area of Birmingham that would be an ideal location. Unless you went outside the downntown area and into a much nicer area. Then again given the reaction to the new Braves stadium in my backyard I doubt some people would want it.

I think the city is doing okay, and the county is the one bankrupt.
Given the last few mayors of the city, you can understand my mistake.

That is all I will say on the matter. This might be a better discussion on nonsports in a separate thread.
back to your regularly scheduled program.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.