R.I.P ESPN's Stuart Scott

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So sad but what a life lived well. Stuart understood the essence of sports. Also my all time favorite Sports Center anchor.

Heartfelt prayers for his family and friends.

Booyah.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Big loss, he was a good dude. I watched him pre-ESPN as he worked at one of the local news outlets in Orlando, where I grew up. Always liked him, 'cooler than the other side of the pillow' entered my lexicon many years ago and remains there to this day.

Cancer sucks.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I always liked Stewart Scott as an ESPN anchor. His speech at the recent ESPYs when he received the Jimmy V award, was amazing. Thoughts and prayers to his daughters, family, friends and colleagues.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
- Stuart Scott
That quote was the first thing I thought when I heard about his passing. I can't think of a more grounded and inspiring mindset to use when fighting cancer. I know he illustrated that quote, and in doing so gave others the strength to do the same.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
As cool as the other side of the pillow.

Stuart Scott didn't just deliver sports highlights and tidbits. He entertained us, he spoke to us in our language (younger, cooler--not racially), and he spoke with an honesty and sincerity not often seen....and this was long before his battle with cancer. He and Linda Cohn were always my 2 favorite anchors. I always respected both of them a great deal which isn't a sentiment often expressed about sports journalists. He will be missed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My favorite ESPN reporter. So sad to hear of his passing. So sad to watch him wither away in front of our eyes on TV. When I saw that he was not working over the holidays I was hopeful that he was just taking time off to be with his family, but worried that he might have taken a turn for the worse. Cancer really, really sucks.

We can all learn from people of courage like Stuart Scott. We can all learn to "Live like we were dying."

RIP

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.