R.I.P ESPN's Stuart Scott

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Lost his battle with cancer today. I will always remember his SportsCenter commercials. Those are some classics.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Wow that is surprise. Stuart, along with Rich Eisen and Boomer made that network in the early days with those ridiculous commercials. "Not now Chris, I'm a busy man ..."

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
He will be greatly missed. A true blessing to sports announcing.....Prayers for his girls....

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Had a feeling this was coming soon as he admitted having some kidney and liver failure issues back during the Jimmy V award presentation. This is very very sad I know for his daughters and wife. May he enjoy the Blessings of Heaven. Mr Scott, you will be missed by the sports community but mostly by those I'm sure who knew you best and who you inspired with the way you lived your life. May God comfort your family.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Scott brought a less formal, less stodgy vibe to sports broadcasting. He broadcasted in a way like regular people talk instead of sounding like a robot, and changed the way sports broadcasting was done. His humor and approach to broadcasting made it more entertaining, and probably is a huge part of why ESPN is the juggernaut that it is now.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Like he said he didn't lose to cancer, he fought it bravely till the end. Good way to look at it. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Stu & Rich were at the height of what is, without question, the best pairing of anchors ever on SC
Agreed. Out of all the great pairings over the years, NONE of them were as good as Stu and Rich. They truly spoiled us for years and I still wont watch local sports coverage just because I'm so used to SC now.

Him being a Carolina alum is like a double whammy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.