Who are you pulling for in the NC game?

B

BroadwayJoe777

Oregon will probably demolish OSU, but I will be watching as a neutral observer hoping for a tight and well played game.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I'd like to see the Ducks win. I don't really like that type of football (I'm too old school, I guess) but they seem to run a pretty good program and Mariota seems to be a good person and he's undeniably a great player. Don't really like UM too much.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oregon because they've never won it and besides - if Oregon wins it, the whole rest of the world is going to torment them with, "but you still couldn't beat the SEC to win it."

Furthermore, do we really want Urban Meyer to win a third title and hear all the stories about how he and Saban are co-equals? And how Saban owes his 2012 title to a probation that inhibited Meyer from playing for it all?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Oregon because they've never won it and besides - if Oregon wins it, the whole rest of the world is going to torment them with, "but you still couldn't beat the SEC to win it."

Furthermore, do we really want Urban Meyer to win a third title and hear all the stories about how he and Saban are co-equals? And how Saban owes his 2012 title to a probation that inhibited Meyer from playing for it all?
You got me leaning Oregon's way, SBTF :D

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

No sensible person is going to "torment" them because they didn't beat an SEC team to do it. They beat a Heisman trophy winner in the midst of a 2+ year winning streak. Then they would have beaten the team that beat the SEC's best. It's not Oregon's fault that the SEC wasn't good enough to even make it far enough to face Oregon.

jds22

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2011
I will be pulling for Oregon after seeing how obnoxious OSU's fans were at the Sugar Bowl.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I'm not really pulling for anybody, but let's just say I'd only pull for OSU if they were playing Notre Dame or somehow an OSU victory would help Bama.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'll be for Oregon, although I probably won't watch the whole game. We knock heads with OSU occasionally for recruiting but not so much with Oregon. Also I like the Mariota kid.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Since no other SEC team involved, have to pull for tOSU. Much rather lose to eventual NC than to the runner up. Although Selma almost persuaded me otherwise. He has some valid points.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm for the Buckeyes. They have the same color suits as my high school. And I like Urban Meyer. I liked him before he went to Florida. He's made some mistakes, but I think he's a good football coach and I'm glad he's not in the SEC anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.