Who are you pulling for in the NC game?

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Ducks, mainly because I really like Mariota (sp?). Also, because I don't really like Pope Urban (Sorry, B1GTide!). Wonder if he'll have St. Tim do another motivational speech to the team like he did last week. That said, he's a good coach who has his team on a roll.

I also pick Oregon. But cautiously, as I have an odd vibe that the Buckeyes might be able to hang with them. While I'd rather my alma mater be playing in it, I'll be watching the game & expecting a fun one to watch!

Also, I would really like to attend a game at the 'Shoe one day. Seems like a neat game-day environment. Of course, if B1GTide could get them to let me dot the i, well, that'd be all kinds of awesome. :biggrin2: ;)

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I won't be pulling for either team but I suspect Oregon is going to win by 10-14. Of course I said the same about us..... :(

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm pulling for Oregon. They've been on the cusp for several years, and maybe their time has now come. Never have cared much for the Big Ten, and I won't pull for them unless they've got a team playing against Auburn or Notre Dame!

tftplisa

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
I'm pulling for Oregon. I think Mariota is a high character young man. I live in Cleveland area and am already tired of having my nose rubbed in it how the Big 10 has surpassed the SEC. I also had my car keyed presumably for having a BAMA decal on it. I guess every fanbase has their Updyke.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
When I read this question an answer came immediately to mind. Remember that scene from "The Dark Knight Rises"? You know which one...

Yeah, that.

But then I came to my senses and decided I wanted Oregon to win. Urban winning a title with his 3rd string QB would be unbearable. Oregon winning with Mariota doesn't mean much long term.
That is exactly what I have been saying when people ask me I use the scene from the Dark Knight rises and I was about to post that here. Glad I read the whole thread lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Oregon. I Really don't care, but I can't stand the Big 10 commissioner. He is the biggest tool in college athletics.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Honestly I don't care one iota. The football season is over AFAIC. The rest of the country just had to have their precious little playoff and now we are all stuck with a game that nobody wanted.

Bama vs FSU was a much more compelling game and it's a shame we won't be getting it.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Bama vs FSU was a much more compelling game and it's a shame we won't be getting it.
??? Bama and FSU both had a shot, and neither of them were good enough to get to the title game. I think the playoff worked out great this year, but Bama just failed to show up for some reason.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Even tho I am not a politician,I hope Ohio st wins simply where next year we don't live in the shadows of Ohio st and Oregon I want the worthless nuts to hold them to 3 points and nuts to score 30 points and have a better chance for a rematch with them because our offense will evolve next year. We all know our offense was limited this year or Kiffin wouldn't have been on the field.Plus the comments by Kiffin wouldn't have been made that Blake struggled the first 3 games.So what does that say? Answer Limited.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I like Helfrich, and I think Mariota is the most complete player in the country both on the field and off. With that said, I have no preference. I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon win for that reason alone, plus one of my mentors when I was growing up is a diehard ducks fan. Still, there is no shame in losing to the champion. For that reason alone my feelings wouldn't be hurt if OSU won.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
Not gonna force myself to be partial. Just gonna kick back and hope for a great game.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Much-improved Ohio State deserves it.

Urban Meyer keeps proving he's one of the greatest coaches in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.