Who are you pulling for in the NC game?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's weird to me that people say they aren't going to watch it - it's college football!
Agree -seems strange that folks who claim to be college football fans would choose to not watch this game. I get those who don't really care about the sport and only watch their team. I am like that about hockey. But college football? Hard to fathom that Alabama fans would not love the sport.

TahoeTider

2nd Team
Feb 1, 2012
Go, Buckeyes! Am not a fan of the type of football played by the Quacks, so would love for them to fall short of their "natty."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'll be watching the game, because I'm curious to see if Oregon can pulls this off.. If Oregon beats OSU, then there will be a debate whether Oregon can beat Alabama... if OSU wins, that just pretty much say that Oregon never was that good and OSU just wasn't that great... I'm curious to see if OSU are really that good.. or they just happened to won based on our mistakes..

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
My love of college football prevents me from forgoing this game simply because Bama is not in it. It's the last college football game before the LONG dead period of nothing but basketball and baseball. So, I will definitely be watching and pulling for Oregon. As someone posted earlier, it's their time. It has been 9 years since there was a national title game minus an SEC team. I have forgotten what that felt like!

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
Oregon for sure. I will not pull for Meyer even if he's a great coach. I have to admit that...but I don't like him at all. So Go Ducks ! Sorry B1GTide ! You seem to be a nice person and your posts are always top notch but I have to go with the Ducks ;)

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
It's weird to me that people say they aren't going to watch it - it's college football!

Not watching it - is that sour grapes or what?
No, it is simply what the game is becoming, and the lessening of my interest in it over the past couple of years. I honestly got to the point this season that I didn't even watch a few Alabama games simply due to the opponents' style of play. True story there. As I get older, I have also considered that no one "lays on their death-bed" wishing that they had watched more college football. I truly don't know why I ever cared so much about the accomplishments of other men to begin with.... Completely no issue with anyone if that's what they want to do, but since you asked for / made an accusation regarding my motivation. Just explaining my personal lack of interest in the game (& CFB) here.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
No, it is simply what the game is becoming, and the lessening of my interest in it over the past couple of years. I honestly got to the point this season that I didn't even watch a few Alabama games simply due to the opponents' style of play. True story there. As I get older, I have also considered that no one "lays on their death-bed" wishing that they had watched more college football. I truly don't know why I ever cared so much about the accomplishments of other men to begin with.... Completely no issue with anyone if that's what they want to do, but since you asked for / made an accusation regarding my motivation. Just explaining my personal lack of interest in the game (& CFB) here.
Same for me. I watched a few on BAMA games, but the HUNH offense has killed college football for me. I do not enjoy watching BB on grass.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
My mentality has always been this: I am for whoever benefits Bama the most. In this case, that's Ohio St. If they win, then the only team we lost to in the playoff is the champ.

A little easier for me to stomach. :)

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Yesterday at church, I overheard somebody say "oh, the national title game, that's tomorrow? I thought a national champion had already been crowned and I had no idea who, that shows how little I care. I mean, if Alabama or another team from the SEC is not in it, what is the point, ya know? We should be talking about 6 national championships in a row for the state and 9 in a row for the SEC, but no, instead we get a pair of high school teams that nobody has ever heard of". That crap really made me shake my head. So, just because Alabama, or another team from the SEC is not in the title game, it's a waste of time and therefore, nobody should even care? Yeah, it is very plausible that we could be looking at 6 national titles in a row for the state, had the barn won last year (I'm still glad that they didn't, by the way) and we had won in the playoffs. But, alas, that is not the case. The state reeled in 4 in a row from 2009-2012, and sent a team to the national title game 5 years in a row, 2009-2013. Not to mention the 7 in a row for the SEC. I don't know why some can't just be happy with that and realize that that was a streak that did like all streaks eventually do. It ended. I can still enjoy a national title game minus an SEC team. I wanted to tell that guy a thing or two when he called Oregon and Ohio State "high school teams that nobody has ever heard of". For starters, what is that saying about us? We lost to one of those "unheard of high school teams".

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
No accusation whatsoever - I'm simply curious. That was the first thing that popped into my mind. No need to get all defensive.
No one plays defense anymore, haven't you heard :biggrin:

Honestly, I probably am just bitter and have sour grapes. However, I have said from the beginning that I don't like the idea of playoffs. College football has always had the best regular season of all sports, IMO. The playoffs have already changed that...in year 1

Under the BCS, we would have played FSU and soundly beaten them and taken our rightful place as the only team to beat Jameis Winston and the Criminoles. The playoffs have changed all that, and I don't like it.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm hoping the ground opens up and swallows this nonsense. The ghosts of Bear Bryant and Woody Hayes descend from the heavens and utter in unison, "CAN YOU FOOLS PLEASE GET BACK TO PLAYING REAL FOOTBALL?"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I've thought long and hard about it and I've decided to pull for the Ducks. I really like Mariota. Also, my daughter has never lived in a state that has had the reigning National Champion before and the Beavers never will, so there you go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.