Who are you pulling for in the NC game?

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
My mentality has always been this: I am for whoever benefits Bama the most. In this case, that's Ohio St. If they win, then the only team we lost to in the playoff is the champ.

A little easier for me to stomach. :)
You're point had crossed my mind as the only reason to prefer one over the other in this game. It's either this or go bet $100 on one of them to win.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I think Oregon might score more points tonight, but I cannot pull for such a fast-paced "Quick, hurry up before the other team can get set" type of team to be rewarded with the trophy. I'm wearing my imaginary scarlet and gray colors in this one.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Agree -seems strange that folks who claim to be college football fans would choose to not watch this game. I get those who don't really care about the sport and only watch their team. I am like that about hockey. But college football? Hard to fathom that Alabama fans would not love the sport.
I'm indifferent about watching it. Only because we were so close to being the ones to play in it, then we lose the last game we needed to win to be there. Again.

If we hadn't been on the cusp of playing in the title game I would be much more enthusiastic.

I will probably watch it only because I will be at a friend's and we will have food and beer. I couldn't care less who wins. I have a good friend who is an OSU fan and another that is a Duck fan. So either way I will get to congratulate one and tease the other. ;)

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I am pulling for the Ducks. Simply cannot stomach the Big 10 getting a title. I remember a Big 10 National Champion team and a controversial pass interference no call. I also remember when the media thought that the Big Ten had hung the moon. If you were not in the Midwest, it seemed that you did not matter. I remember when it seemed that the only rivalry that mattered was Michigan/Ohio St. I never want to revert back to that. I cannot stand Urban Meyer. Did not care for Woody Hayes nor his actions. Have no reason to root for OSU.

With that said, I do not particularly care for basketball on grass, but I do think that Mariota and Helfrich conduct themselves with class. The game is was it is and it will not revert back to huddle up strap'em up smashmouth football until someone figures out how to consistently stop speed ball.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I am pulling for the Ducks. Simply cannot stomach the Big 10 getting a title. I remember a Big 10 National Champion team and a controversial pass interference no call. I also remember when the media thought that the Big Ten had hung the moon. If you were not in the Midwest, it seemed that you did not matter. I remember when it seemed that the only rivalry that mattered was Michigan/Ohio St. I never want to revert back to that. I cannot stand Urban Meyer. Did not care for Woody Hayes nor his actions. Have no reason to root for OSU.

With that said, I do not particularly care for basketball on grass, but I do think that Mariota and Helfrich conduct themselves with class. The game is was it is and it will not revert back to huddle up strap'em up smashmouth football until someone figures out how to consistently stop speed ball.
Maybe we need 11 snipers on defense to stop it!

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
On vacation in Honolulu. OSU and Oregon fans gathering in nearby watering holes . Guess I'll watch from my hotel room though I'm not much interested. Wish we were playing but I hope it's a well played game. Guess I'll pull for the ducks.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Guess I'll turn it on and watch a half. Really not interested. Although I do work with an OSU fan. That alone makes me wish Oregon will mudhole them.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I am going to root for the team that I always do when I do not care who wins. I am going to root for the defenses. That said, I suspect that the defenses will get pasted tonight.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Urby is a quitter, quitters should never win. I hope they play so many overtimes they finally declare no winner. Barring that, perhaps a power failure...

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
GO DUCKS

For the same reason I pulled for them in the NC game four years ago. I want to see their opponent lose.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I want to cry early on....hard to watch. It feels like the Tide should be out there instead of Meyer's team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.