Braxton Miller and Alabama have "mutual interest"

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Step One to enlightenment: don't listen to the fans on TideFans who are not coaches or evaluating players or making decisions as to who plays. (Many of these are the same folks who thought Coker should start, dumped on Sims after the Ole Miss loss, embraced his story as we won the SEC, and now feel like he somehow let us down; most of you would have sold your souls in April if you heard Sims would lead us to the SEC title and playoff)

Fans on this board also thought hiring Lane Kiffin was a monumental disaster when he got hired - and look at our offense this past year.
Yeah and a good many still do, but have been holding their tounge until after the Sugar Bowl.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
From what I remember, hasn't he been injured several times and hurt a lot? Not sure if I like this to much, even though a Braxton Miller type is what we need.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Does the SEC allow kids to transfer with only one year of eligibility? I thought they had to have two before being allowed.
As was the case w Coker, it's my understanding that once you've graduated, you can transfer immediately, and enroll in a Master's program...

Mind you, I believe there may have been a more robust discussion of the surrounding rules n regulations earlier in the thread, and I, of course, defer to those more knowledgeable than I...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would think we could have a "Two Headed Monster" for both the "1 & Done" QB's next year & they divide the time evenly for both QB's..I would love for that to happen & it would give our young QB's to grow another year in "The Process" & would set the stage for one helluva QB Battle for the starting QB spot if none of our young stud QB's transfers..I think it would be awesome if it happens & would be hell for DC's to plane for if Coach Saban actually allowed both "1 & Done" QB's have equal PT in our offense this coming season like he did that one year when he played 2 QB's at LSWho..JMHO

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Dr Cain also works on professional athletes and other colleges athletes. This means nothing.
A poster on another site who has a direct tie to a coach says that Miller met with Cain for the purpose of what amounts to a pre-clearance evaluation of his health for other schools who might be interested.

That's about all I can add to Drew's original post that I retweeted. I don't have any direct information relating to Miller and UA myself.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
ok... so there are people seriously disappointed that heisman contender would come in and potentially battle against a guy who's never started a meaningful football game in his life? He wasn't a big time recruit... he didnt put up great stats in high school by any stretch of the imagination... and none of us have EVER seen him play meaningful football. Braxton miller has an undefeated season and more touchdowns in 1 season in the Big Ten (2013.. 36 total TD's) than Coker has in his life(16 as a senior in high school and 5 in college). All the articles and speculation in the world cant overcome the fact that Coker hasnt proven anything in an actual football game. Bring on the competition until someone takes the reigns!!!

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah and a good many still do, but have been holding their tounge until after the Sugar Bowl.
Alabama PPG during season: 36.9
Alabama PPG during Sugar bowl: 35

Ohio State PA during season: 22.1
Ohio State PA during game: 35

You're right - Lane Kiffin is entirely to blame for the defense giving up 35 points.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Alabama PPG during season: 36.9
Alabama PPG during Sugar bowl: 35

Ohio State PA during season: 22.1
Ohio State PA during game: 35

You're right - Lane Kiffin is entirely to blame for the defense giving up 35 points.
Not entirely, but when you fail to convert when the D stops OSU, then the O does deserve some credit.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not entirely, but when you fail to convert when the D stops OSU, then the O does deserve some credit.
I'm no Lane Kiffin apologist but I would like an explanation as to why he gets bashed for the loss and nary a word about Kirby Smart's defense on this thread. I'm fair in my analysis and there's plenty of "blame" to go around. I even have some contentions with Kiffin's play calling but this junk about holding our tongue until after the Sugar Bowl and "we were right" is laughably one-sided. Our offense got over 400 yards; our defense in the last three games gave up an AVERAGE of 493 yards (including 537 to Ohio State).

Our offense turned the ball over three times. Our defense gave up MULTIPLE first downs and third and LONG.....not third and one, third and LONG (double digits sometimes).

The notion this one game made Kiffin inept or was "the real Lane" is laughably selective in its application.

My point was simple: a lot of folks on this board have opinions at variance with reality and demonstrable fact.

And now, back to Braxton Miller discussion.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The problem is that the defense didn't stop OSU much of the night, giving up 537 yards of offense (281 rushing, 256 passing).

To lay the blame at the feet of the offense because the defense played well on a couple of drives while laying an egg much of the game is silly, imo.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSU seems like an obvious landing spot.

According to sources, there is a likely scenario that two-time Big 10 MVP Braxton Miller could be leaving Ohio State to play for LSU.

The starting quarterback for the Buckeyes, who has been replaced by two younger backups on their way to Monday night's national championship game, has already graduated.

Despite a shoulder injury that sidelined him this season, Miller would be eligible to play for the Tigers or another major power right away.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.