Braxton Miller and Alabama have "mutual interest"

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Eh, not sure how I feel about this...I just feel like it would create more trouble than it's worth. Gonna really peeve some guys off

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Initial thoughts -

1. When does he graduate? If he can't get on campus until June, I'm not a fan because I don't expect him to pass guys without going through Spring practice.

2. That would surely mean someone transfers even though it wouldn't make sense to. It's not like he'd be on the team for two or three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My thought is, what does it say to recruits and guys already on the team or about player development? We did it with Coker but 2 years in a row reeks of desperation.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If this does happen, I would be extremely nervous about our QB situation, and doesn't look good for us if we pulls this off... This would be automatically battle between Miller, Coker and Morris/Batman.
Cornwell also and for good measure true freshman Blake Barnett.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
My thought is, what does it say to recruits and guys already on the team or about player development? We did it with Coker but 2 years in a row reeks of desperation.
My response would be it's not every day you have a chance to get a Heisman trophy candidate.This is a unique opportunity.

That said 0% chance i think it happens.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It should tell them Doug Nussmeier, and to an extent Mac, didn't do a good job developing and evaluating guys. Not like these guys were Kiffin's picks. His only QB recruit has been Barnett.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It should tell them Doug Nussmeier, and to an extent Mac, didn't do a good job developing and evaluating guys. Not like these guys were Kiffin's picks. His only QB recruit has been Barnett.

And Blake. Well CLK recruited Blake to Tennessee and then USCw. But you make a good point..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really dont know what to think about this, but first it needs to be stated that FSU,LSU,and Oregon have expressed intrests in Braxton and the fact that he would clearly be the starter at all of those programs makes me think Alabama isnt really a serious player in his future. I think a battle with Coker will be alot harder than a battle with anybody from those teams have.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I'm missing somewhere as to why Miller would want to leave OSU...is he unhappy? He was a Heisman finalist before the season ending injury was he not? Offense was built around him. Seems he was the golden child at OSU.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Doesn't make much sense to me, he's a not a great thrower, more of a runner and play maker.
You would think for Kiffin's offense they would want a strong drop back passer.

Not to mention the drama it would cause in the QB room.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm missing somewhere as to why Miller would want to leave OSU...is he unhappy? He was a Heisman finalist before the season ending injury was he not? Offense was built around him. Seems he was the golden child at OSU.
Probably because the emergence of JT Barrett and now Cardale Jones. Urban Meyer may have told Braxton that he wouldn't automatically get his starting job back and there will be an open competition. Maybe Braxton didn't like that for the reasons you stated. Just speculating..

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Probably because the emergence of JT Barrett and now Cardale Jones. Urban Meyer may have told Braxton that he wouldn't automatically get his starting job back and there will be an open competition. Maybe Braxton didn't like that for the reasons you stated. Just speculating..
IF jones leads them to a NC I would think he would have to be at the top of the list next year regardless of an open competition. in his two starts in two absolutely huge games he's played extremely well.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
IF jones leads them to a NC I would think he would have to be at the top of the list next year regardless of an open competition. in his two starts in two absolutely huge games he's played extremely well.
Yep. On the other hand, I don't think Braxton would transfer unless he was assured of a starting spot considering he only has one year left..

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Initial thoughts -

1. When does he graduate? If he can't get on campus until June, I'm not a fan because I don't expect him to pass guys without going through Spring practice.

2. That would surely mean someone transfers even though it wouldn't make sense to. It's not like he'd be on the team for two or three years.

Miller graduated last month, receiving a degree in communications, and per NCAA rules, is allowed to transfer for his final year of eligibility and play immediately.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.