Braxton Miller and Alabama have "mutual interest"

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
"I think Winston waiting until after championship game is litlte puzzling since he's not playing in the game...."
I think you can chalk it up to the fact that JW is a humble, shy and thoughtful individual who doesn't want to draw attention away from the game.
Funny.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
ok... so there are people seriously disappointed that heisman contender would come in and potentially battle against a guy who's never started a meaningful football game in his life? He wasn't a big time recruit... he didnt put up great stats in high school by any stretch of the imagination... and none of us have EVER seen him play meaningful football. Braxton miller has an undefeated season and more touchdowns in 1 season in the Big Ten (2013.. 36 total TD's) than Coker has in his life(16 as a senior in high school and 5 in college). All the articles and speculation in the world cant overcome the fact that Coker hasnt proven anything in an actual football game. Bring on the competition until someone takes the reigns!!!
If he really is "all that" why not just declare for the draft?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The Big 10 is a funny conference. Pretty much if any of those teams have a great QB any given year even if talent around them is slim, they'll likely win 10-11 games and have a great chance of winning that conference.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
He doesn't have to be a first round draft pick to make a team better.
No he doesn't but in my mind if he is good enough to be a quarterback in the NFL why not go now. If he needs to play another position to make the league why not make the change and stay at OSU as someone else suggested?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No he doesn't but in my mind if he is good enough to be a quarterback in the NFL why not go now. If he needs to play another position to make the league why not make the change and stay at OSU as someone else suggested?
Oh, I agree with you - just not sure that Miller agrees with you. Still, he will improve whatever team he plays for. He is a great teammate and great for team chemistry.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Him switching positions and staying at tOSU might be a negative for the team. What if JT or Cardale starts playing bad? Will the players want Braxton come in and save the team? Some guys might be loyal to him and want him to be the starter no matter what. Would that be good for the team? Nope.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Him switching positions and staying at tOSU might be a negative for the team. What if JT or Cardale starts playing bad? Will the players want Braxton come in and save the team? Some guys might be loyal to him and want him to be the starter no matter what. Would that be good for the team? Nope.
That is a very good point and for all we know should he stay at quarterback he may still be the starter. I do hope the young man makes the best decision for himself, its his life, his career. May he be happy with what ever path he chooses.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
As others have stated - looking at it from his perspective - there are many other playoff potential schools in much more dire need of a starting QB than Bama. I am sure that will weigh heavily in his decision. For all we know Gus could be talking to him as we type :eek:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I trust that we will be ok at QB next year regardless. It's like I told a co-worker earlier, back in the dubose and shula days we would have been thrilled to be SEC champs and 12-2.
An SEC champ ring is a pretty big dadgum deal no doubt about it.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
He won the qb job once at Ohio st but now he doesn't think he can win it again? And Bama would be easier?? Do we really want this guy?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I don't think he can win the job at tOSU either. He beat these guys out the first time before they had played a real game.
Apparently, the 2d or 3rd string QB's can be the ones who should be starting. Now we know why everyone is always in love w/the backup.;)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think he can win the job at tOSU either. He beat these guys out the first time before they had played a real game.
I agree - that is why he is looking elsewhere. If he stays at OSU, he will not be our starter next year. We are now worried that we might lose Barrett or Jones as well, as both have proven that they should be starters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.