Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU or Bama - chooses FSU

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU

I think he should go and transfer anyway... ne need fresh start and It'll help him in long run.
Like Miller, he doesn't really have a choice if he wants a chance to start. He can stay to finish his degree at ND, but his football career would be over.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm suprised both of them are taking this long.. considering the classes just began...
Like Miller, he doesn't really have a choice if he wants a chance to start. He can stay to finish his degree at ND, but his football career would be over.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm suprised both of them are taking this long.. considering the classes just began...
I am hopeful that this means that Miller is staying and will be playing another position next year.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

word down here at the beach is that Golson has told family members that indeed he will transfer to LSWHO.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

He's going to have competition IMO. Cornwell and Barnett are going to battle and we know Saban will go with whoever gives Bama the best chance to win. I still think Coker will be a slinger next year.
That's what I'm feelin' as well...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

ESPN article mentions BAMA as a possible destination, along with LSU, Texas and a couple others....
The SEC requires graduate transfers to have two years of eligibility left. There is a waiver the player can try to get, though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Source: Two schools in the running for Golson

247Sports spoke to sources close to Everett Golson that indicated the Notre Dame transfer is most likely to end up at South Carolina or Georgia. The source said that Golson wants to play his final year of eligibilty close to home, as Golson hails from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

ESPN first reported on Thursday the immediately-eligible transfer would seek to transfer out of Notre Dame. Godson confirmed the news to FoxSports.com.

Because Golson was suspended during the 2013 season, for what he called “poor academic judgement,” whichever school he chooses would have to submit a waiver to the league office. SEC bylaw 14.1.15.1, part d, clarifies the conference’s rules for graduate student exceptions: They may receive financial aid, practice and compete … so long as “the student-athlete has not been subject to official university or athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution.”

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

I would rather him go to UGA than Whoville
That would be funny if he went to UGA. We would face him again. I wonder if he's gotten over the nightmares yet. :biggrin2:

Though we could theoretically meet him in the SECCG if he were to go to USC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

That would be funny if he went to UGA. We would face him again. I wonder if he's gotten over the nightmares yet. :biggrin2:

Though we could theoretically meet him in the SECCG if he were to go to USC.
His best fit would be USCe, but for whatever reason it seems more likely that he would choose UGA or LSU. He would be a bad pick for UGA because Schotty wont let him run around nearly as much as he wants, and Golston doesnt do well in that kinda philosphey. For whatever reason I think Cameron will get wise one of these days and let one of his qbs run the offense where he can take a nap, and they beat someone they shouldnt and its just our luck that it could be us. Granted the aspect Golson going to LSU doesnt give me ulcers like the possibility that Braxton will, so its not really a big deal if he does. But who wouldve thought Jordan Jefferson would beat us twice either?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.