Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU or Bama - chooses FSU

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU

He could probally make the trivia pursuit game, assuming his transfers to LSU and becomes the starter. And with luck we beat LSU this year. He would have been the starting qb on 2 team in college football to loose to the same team.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

The local radio here in myrtle beach is now reporting FSU as the frontrunner with South Carolina a close #2.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

The local radio here in myrtle beach is now reporting FSU as the frontrunner with South Carolina a close #2.
He would probably improve his NFL draft potential and put up bigger numbers by playing in the ACC against inferior competition.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He would probably improve his NFL draft potential and put up bigger numbers by playing in the ACC against inferior competition.
After all, he did go 2-2 vs. the ACC last year tearing them up.:biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I just read he is visiting USC on Monday and UGA on Tuesday.
Matt Murphy keeps reporting Slive won't grant him the waiver to play in the SEC. Should be fun to watch over the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

he will end up at the best place that will allow him to cheat, right?
He may have started more games than Johnson but I doubt Gus will go against the Cult on the Plains's love for him to a qb that is 0-1 against us.:biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He may have started more games than Johnson but I doubt Gus will go against the Cult on the Plains's love for him to a qb that is 0-1 against us.:biggrin:
Jeremy Johnson is a much better QB than Golson. That battle wouldn't be close.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Matt Murphy keeps reporting Slive won't grant him the waiver to play in the SEC. Should be fun to watch over the next week or so.

It's a no brainer. The criteria is in place in order to be granted a wavier. He doesn't meet the criteria.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU

What kind of waiver does he need?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

What kind of waiver does he need?

If he had two years of eligibility remaining, he would be subject to this:

"Now the SEC will allow schools to accept grad student transfers without a waiver if the transfers meet certain standards. Among the criteria for the transfer: always stayed eligible as an undergrad; no significant disciplinary issues at the old school; and earned all possible APR points. If a player doesn't meet those standards, a school can still go through the current process of seeking a waiver from the SEC office."

He doesn't have two years remaining and he doesn't meet the standards either.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...s-ban-on-accepting-graduate-student-transfers

Since he does not have two years remaining he is subject to Bylaw 14.1.15.1 (see Pg.3-post#32 in this thread).

So either way he would have to get a waiver. His chances of playing in the SEC are slim and none, and slim is about to leave.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Per Noles247.com on twitter: FSU the front runner to land Everrett Golson. not suprising considering there was a chance he couldn't play in the SEC.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Good article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/101436/should-sec-teams-even-consider-everett-golson

Then, there's Alabama, another team strongly linked to Golson over the weekend. We all know Lane Kiffin did wonders with Blake Sims last year, but Sims also had nine fewer turnovers than Golson last season. One thing coach Nick Saban hates more than talking about the Texas job? Turnovers, and Golson has 32 in 25 career games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.