Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU or Bama - chooses FSU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU

Update
Everett Golson provided roughly 10 schools to Notre Dame's compliance office as to where he is interested in transferring, and the school has not blocked him from transferring to any of those programs, according to sources.

Among the schools on Golson's initial wish list are Florida State, Alabama, South Carolina and at least one Pac-12 school, a source said.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Andy Staples of SI reporting Golson visited Florida this morning. Link

Everett Golson’s trek through the Sunshine State continued Tuesday. A day after the former Notre Dame quarterback visited Florida State, he traveled two hours southeast to Gainesville to check out Florida. Golson, a fifth-year senior, plans to transfer as a graduate student and play at another school in 2015.

Multiple sources confirmed Golson’s visit to Gainesville, where first-year coach Jim McElwain is sorting out the quarterback situation he inherited from predecessor Will Muschamp. Sophomore Treon Harris, who started the final six games of the 2014 season, and redshirt freshman Will Grier split snaps during spring practice, but neither proved to McElwain that he was ready to be named the starter.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Also, Jimbo Fischer confirms to the media Everett Golson visited FSU Monday.

@Warchant Jimbo Fisher confirmed that he met with Everett Golson on Monday and had a good conversation. Waiting on decision.

@McMurphyESPN Jimbo Fisher met w/Everett Golson Monday. "We're negotiating. He's a great young man."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Makes me wonder if the SEC bylaw was resolved, otherwise Why would he be talking to Florida... Could come down bewteen FSU and Florida... Both are good for him.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

@Warchant Jimbo Fisher confirmed that he met with Everett Golson on Monday and had a good conversation. Waiting on decision.

@McMurphyESPN Jimbo Fisher met w/Everett Golson Monday. "We're negotiating. He's a great young man."
Well, if there's anybody I trust to identify a great young man, it's Jimbo Fisher.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Negotiating? "Yea, we ain't too worried 'bout you copying other people's stuff, but we're kind of short on the "Get out of jail free" cards for quarterbacks..."

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Negotiating? "Yea, we ain't too worried 'bout you copying other people's stuff, but we're kind of short on the "Get out of jail free" cards for quarterbacks..."
You get your quota of crab legs, no more no less.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Negotiating? Negotiating? Are lawyers and agents involved? Will it be a $1+ million deal or a $10+ million deal to get him for one year? Let's see,
what are others offering?

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Negotiating? Negotiating? Are lawyers and agents involved? Will it be a $1+ million deal or a $10+ million deal to get him for one year? Let's see,
what are others offering?
They better hope they have enough of the Winston hush money left over to match Auburn's offer. :)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU

*IF* true I just can't wrap my head around the way we manage QBs. We just took a transfer QB (Coker) and now we are looking at taking another. The coaches are either making a big mistake in evaluation or development of the QB position. I just don't get it..

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

*IF* true I just can't wrap my head around the way we manage QBs. We just took a transfer QB (Coker) and now we are looking at taking another. The coaches are either making a big mistake in evaluation or development of the QB position. I just don't get it..

If this is true then that also means CNS and CLK are open to Braxton as well. It could mean our evaluation and development of qbs under CJM and Nuss might of not been as great as we originally thought either. Sure AJ and Gmac standout, but it can be crediblly argued that we had world beater teams with unreal talent and experience at practically every position too. Not going to fully buy into that being the case but if we sign Golston it would probably tend to point in that direction. So I really think this is more of a stretch by Brett, but if he was cleared by the SEC and Alabama offered him I really think that is something to say about our qbs.
I think if we sign Braxton it wont neccesarily point that way. It could possibly mean that we have a fifth year qb that still isnt getting it and two or three underclassmen that just arent ready. But if and when either of these potentially transfers happens we will know alot more of what to expect from our stable of qbs.

112 days til college football so quite a bit offseason left.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Can't believe this hasn't become its own thread with the latest developments. My guess is Bama has reached out in a serious way because EG's decision has been delayed and he will visit more schools. Bama is the only one they keep mentioning and they put out that statement that they'd take him if he wanted to enroll. I'm guessing the staff really thinks we need some help behind center. Just my opinion but there seems to be a lot of smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think he's meeting iwth Alabama this week. Can we update the thread title to reflect the latest new?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Notre Dame's Everett Golson considering transfer to LSU or Bama

Looks like he's FSU bound...

@BruceFeldmanCFB BREAKING Ex #NotreDame QB Everett Golson tells @FoxSports he will transfer to #FSU. Story coming soon.
Story here

Everett Golson will transfer to Florida State, the former Notre Dame quarterback told FOX Sports Tuesday.

Golson picked FSU after visiting Florida State as well as Georgia and Florida last week.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.