Football/Track discussion- Recruiting the DBs

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Listening to the Kendall Sheffield commitment was fun to watch and I'm excited Bama has pulled this kid inšŸ˜„ RTR!

What I am finding interesting, and I know this is not a new revelation, is the recruiting of the DBs that are also track athletes, particularly in the hurdles (Brown, Humphrey, Sheffield). Recruiting the quick twitch guys that can jump is, at least to me, a little revealing.

I know we have had players in the past that ran track as well, but don't really remember how they panned out. In your opinion, are Saban and Smart pinpointing this types of athletes to help with the HUNH offenses? Do they hold an advantage over just a DB? Could it be that we are just recruiting the best athletes and I am just reading to much into this?

Just wanted to discuss itšŸ˜„

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
My response is just chatting and an opinion, but I think we are recruiting the best player for the position based on CNS player assessment. Allowing them to run track is in our best interest to recruit them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!ā€></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.