Link: BOL Staff's 15 Predictions for Alabama in 2015

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's a free read, so don't worry about not being a 247 subscriber. Link

1. Despite losing three starters, the offensive line will be improved.

Arie Kouandjio, Austin Shepherd and Leon Brown have used up their eligibility and will be leaving three giant holes along the Crimson Tide’s offensive line. Ryan Kelly and Cameron Robinson will be back at center and left tackle, respectively. But with the talent and depth coming up, Alabama should be fine – if not better – on the O-line in 2015. Guys like Grant Hill, Bradley Bozeman and Dominick Jackson could possibly fill the available roles.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
If their predictions are correct, we should be in for another fun year

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
my big concern is OL. Our depth wasn't great this year and I don't know if losing two high quality players (and more importantly teammates) in Arie and Austin can be so easily replaced as the writer alleges.

If that prediction comes true, we will have another great year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
my big concern is OL. Our depth wasn't great this year and I don't know if losing two high quality players (and more importantly teammates) in Arie and Austin can be so easily replaced as the writer alleges.

If that prediction comes true, we will have another great year.
The depth is there. I'm not sure why Dom didn't replace Leon earlier in the season. He'll be very strong on the OL. We have plenty of young guys that will make folks very happy since so many want to see the smash-mouth run games of 2011 and 2012.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
The depth is there. I'm not sure why Dom didn't replace Leon earlier in the season. He'll be very strong on the OL. We have plenty of young guys that will make folks very happy since so many want to see the smash-mouth run games of 2011 and 2012.
I agree with you, and Grant Hill is very talented. There wasn't a huge drop off when Austin left the game and Grant came in to replace him. I believe he will be better next year too. If anything our o-line should be much better at run blocking next year.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I agree with you, and Grant Hill is very talented. There wasn't a huge drop off when Austin left the game and Grant came in to replace him. I believe he will be better next year too. If anything our o-line should be much better at run blocking next year.
Ya, we should be able to sweep to either side if it gets called.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Coker ***CAN*** pass for 3200+ yards. Just because Alabama losses 3 WR's including Cooper doesn't mean the any of the ones coming back can't have a breakout year like Coop did.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Grant Hill has played so many contested real game snaps at this point without much issue that he should almost be considered a returning starter. That leaves the question of how good can Bozeman be? He seemed to improve with game action but does he have enough upside? We shall see. Then you have Dominick who also seemed to improve wtih every snap. I'm not going to say the line WILL be better but I think it could develope early and be as good or possibly even better. A lot depends on the leadership we get from Kelly and Robinson. Those guys need to find their inner hatred for all things not Crimson and get a more physical attitude toward their craft.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think getting to 10 wins next season would be great. With the schedule flip and loss of experience I truly see next season as a transitional year with lots of rebuilding.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I feel confident in saying no one in the Bama WR core will have a year like Cooper just had.
Excluding the 2013 USC season, the numbers for Lane Kiffin's #1 WR each year as a college head coach or OC:

2012: Marqise Lee - 118 catches, 1721 yards, 14 TDs
2011: Robert Woods - 111 catches, 1292 yards, 15 TDs
2010: Robert Woods - 65 catches, 792 yards, 6 TDs
2009: Gerald Jones - 46 catches, 680 yards, 4 TDs
2006: Steve Smith - 71 catches, 1083 yards, 9 TDs
2005: Dwayne Jarrett - 91 catches, 1274 yards, 16 TDs

We have better talent than the 2009 Tennessee team, so doesn't really seem out of question for Alabama to have a WR have over 700 yards - if not more than 1,000.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.