Question: Coach Saban vs Coach Meyer...Friendly Discussion

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It also seems there is a whole pop culture surrounding Coach Saban that Coach Meyer has not (and may never) achieve. This doesn't directly translate to wins on the filed but IMHO it translates into a discussion of which coach you like more. A coach who really cares about people and specifically his players will always be special for me.

This commercial is still one of my favorites....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
At this point it's pretty safe to say Coach Saban is still #1 in college football with a fairly large gap behind him.

I like Coach Meyer and think he's a great coach but he doesn't (yet) have the legacy which Coach Saban has already secured.

Give it a few more years and we'll see what happens.

I will say that I will not fault Coach Meyer for what happened when he left Florida. I can relate to being burned out myself and unless you have been there you cannot appreciate how it impacts your ability to function. It's called metal illness and is nothing to minimize as a significant health issue.`The fact that he had some time off to regroup and then returned to prominence says something about the man. Really and truly he should be commended for this rather than scorned.

Coach Meyer also walked into an Ohio State program on probation and somewhat in shambles. His first year there he went 12-0. His overall record since becoming head coach there is 37-3. And now he is at the doorstep of winning another natty. Say what you want but that is an accomplishment aside from what he did pre-Ohio State.
The timing, circumstances and how quick he got back into the frying pan cast a heavy question mark on things. I have experience with mental illness. It runs in my family. I COMPLETELY understand the depths it can take you too. I'll say this and leave it because I don't won't to change this from sports to non sports. But for the breakdown he supposedly had (and please keep in mind I've experienced this) he made a very, very quick turnaround to put himself back into the frying pan. Mental illness, especially the kind of break down he supposedly had, isn't something that you just bounce back from in a year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Throwing deep against Alabama late in that game showed all anybody needed to see about Urban Meyer. Total lack of class, because I promise you if the shoe was on the other foot Saban would've ran the football.
You can formulate opinions on anything else, but this statement is asinine. Though I agree he SHOULDN'T have passed it was not a class thing it was a smarts thing. He ran the play he did for two reasons: 1, His offense had died in the 4th quarter. he needed SOMETHING to ice the game because he knew what could happen if not. 2, He saw ZERO coverage (not as in none, as in the defensive formation). We had 11 guys in the box, and he had 1v1 coverage on the outside. It was a calculated risk, and nothing to do with class.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You do know we are talking about Urban Meyer, right? The running game was there all night. That throw was attempted pay back for getting throttled in the SEC championship game. The only offense more inept than his in the fourth quarter was ours. Look at the clock management. Had he ran the ball we wouldn't have even got as far as we did.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
CNS is getting close to Coach Bryant, not there yet but Close. I think CUM is a very good coach he has done a great job at tOSU & especially this year with all the QB injuries. I really don't think his issue at Florida was all Tebow leaving. Not all Gator supporters are like BAZZA, & I just don't trust Foley at all. We will have to see how he handles Mac.

but in summary Their is CNS then there are all the others.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Hey- I respect your opinions as you do a really nice job on here for a rival fan. But we know down here who Urban Meyer really is- we know him better than you do at this point. Ohio St may have been the only job he would have taken so soon after leaving Florida. It was the one place where he could go and be King again. And trust me- Urban Meyer HAS to be King. nothing else is acceptable to him. Meyer's losses to Saban (32-13 and 31-6) are 2 of the biggest losses. He left when he had been conquered - and left the program in shambles. He is not nearly as courageous as you give him credit for being.
Not sure what happened to him, but I have seen similar things happen to many people. They push themselves too hard an end up crashing. When Meyer crashed, the flames burned the entire Gator program.

I also don't know what he has changed in his life to keep this from happening again. For his sake, I hope that he has this resolved. But calling him a coward is just stupid. A coward would have stayed on the sidelines and continued to collect those huge paychecks from ESPN. He threw himself back into the fray, rose back to the top and beat the man/program that was involved in his burnout a few years ago. He said when he returned to coaching that he was going to have to build a program capable of competing with SEC teams like Alabama - he knew what was involved. I wouldn't say that he showed courage in returning because I don't measure courage in that way, but it certainly demonstrated a determination to prove to himself and the world that he is what we thought he was - a great head coach. The only question remaining is, how great?

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
You are so correct. I said the same thing the minute the ball was thrown.
You do know we are talking about Urban Meyer, right? The running game was there all night. That throw was attempted pay back for getting throttled in the SEC championship game. The only offense more inept than his in the fourth quarter was ours. Look at the clock management. Had he ran the ball we wouldn't have even got as far as we did.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You are so correct. I said the same thing the minute the ball was thrown.
I thought it was a terrible decision when he did it - terrible. If it had worked - it would have sealed the game though so there's that.

I'm not sure the game was sealed at that point so those who are saying he did it for reasons other than just to seal/win the game - I'm not sure if I buy it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
The quetiming, circumstances and how quick he got back into the frying pan cast a heavy question mark on things. I have experience with mental illness. It runs in my family. I COMPLETELY understand the depths it can take you too. I'll say this and leave it because I don't won't to change this from sports to non sports. But for the breakdown he supposedly had (and please keep in mind I've experienced this) he made a very, very quick turnaround to put himself back into the frying pan. Mental illness, especially the kind of break down he supposedly had, isn't something that you just bounce back from in a year.
I understand and agree to many it didn't seem very legitimate....hence the question mark.

There are plenty of Gators who will go to their graves hating on Coach Meyer because of what they perceive to be something other than just a health issue.

I just don't know how bad his case was enough to denigrate the man.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I understand and agree to many it didn't seem very legitimate....hence the question mark.

There are plenty of Gators who will go to their graves hating on Coach Meyer because of what they perceive to be something other than just a health issue.

I just don't know how bad his case was enough to denigrate the man.
I don't think anyone outside of Urban himself really KNOWS (for a fact). So all we're left with is what we do know. I definitely do not wish any ill will toward him but I'm definitely not going to prop up his situation as some enormous triumph either. There was just too many questionable things in his situation for my taste.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I don't think anyone outside of Urban himself really KNOWS (for a fact). So all we're left with is what we do know. I definitely do not wish any ill will toward him but I'm definitely not going to prop up his situation as some enormous triumph either. There was just too many questionable things in his situation for my taste.
I definitely won't do that either, but I believe his story. I've known too many that have similar stories - especially in high-stress jobs. And a year doesn't seem too far-fetched either. I know some people think that Coach K's hiatus in 1994 was similar but the way his body was shutting down was more physical than mental.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
They're two great coaches -- I'm partial to Nick Saban of course but I'm biased. They both approach their jobs very differently. I've said some bad things about Meyer's character in the past and I wish I hadn't. I simply don't know why he left Florida -- only he and his family know. I can't begrudge a man for doing what he thinks is right for himself and his family. Even if maybe he might have been "shaken" by the thought of competing against CNS (which I don't really buy completely -- I think he wanted to get away from UF, sorry to say). He's won 2 NC's and CNS has won 4 NC's. What does it matter really? I'm content with having Nick Saban here as long as he likes.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Both at the top of the game in modern era. I personally feel that CNS has 'built' his teams from the ground up at each of his tenures while I do not feel Meyer has. Meyer has inherited some pretty teams/resources, applied his system and is a winner but I do not equate his success to what CNS has achieved. CNS has impacted the whole entire sport of football at all levels. I never believed I would hear children using terms like organization and buying into a process, etc in a football conversation--- RTR

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
As best I remember, Urban quit at Florida twice. According to the espn account I just read, the first time lasted only a day...he cited his health as the reason, but then changed his mind the next day. A year later, when he quit again, his primary reason was to have more time to watch his kids grow up. He cited concern for and a desire to be with his family.
Then after a year off, he took the Ohio State job. What happened to his desire for more time with his family?
It just puts me off when somebody makes a decision that they know will be criticized, and starts going on about how they did it for the kids, or the family. I understand he was stressed out and his team was coming apart...he was ready for both a break and change of schools to coach.

All I can figure is that he just thought he wanted more time with his family until he actually tried it. ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This thread went bonkers.

1) For the record, I think both are great coaches. If Meyer wins the championship this year, he and Saban BOTH will be guys who have won national titles at two different schools and have at least three overall championships. That is nothing to sneeze at no matter who you are. Wanna know how many college coaches have won THREE national football championships?

Paul Bryant
Frank Leahy
Nick Saban
Bernie Bierman
John McKay
Barry Switzer
Bud Wilkinson
Tom Osborne
Woody Hayes

Meyer would become the tenth.

2) I think too many folks let their personal disgust of Meyer get the better of them when evaluating him. Let's look at a few of them here

a) He inherited great situations at Florida and Ohio State

They conveniently edit out Bowling Green. Meyer took over a 2-9 program (2000) that had not had a winning season since 1994 and in two years he had a record of 17-6. (Saban took over a 6-5 program and went 9-2). Meyer then took over Utah, a decent program, and went 22-2.

But you say he inherited a great situation at Florida? Okay, but Ron Zook who got fired for Meyer to take over inherited a BETTER situation than Meyer did, and he did nothing with it. Zook took over for Spurrier after Visor Boy had made the Gators the SEC's flagship school in the 1990s. Spurrier won six SEC titles and a national championship (and another two division titles) and left a solid program. Meyer had to clean up Zook's mess.

Oh and wasn't Ohio State on probation when Meyer took the job? That's supposed to matter when we talk about Saban at Michigan St. Now I'm certainly not suggesting that the two situations were even remotely comparable but let's not pretend Meyer took over the 1985 Bears and gets seven yards for a first down.

If your point is that Meyer inherited a better situation than Saban did at LSU and Alabama, I won't argue that point. But let's face it: very few elite programs at the top of their game fire a new coach and bring in a new one.

MANY coaches inherit GREAT situations and blow the program to pieces. And some (Earle Bruce, Ron Zook, Frank Solich) never measure up. Larry Coker, Dennis Erickson, Gary Crowton, Karl Dorrell, on and on it goes.

b) He babied out of the SEC.

This may have more merit, and I tend to think this to a certain degree. However, perhaps its because Meyer is FROM Ohio that he decided to take that job. As far as leaving Florida in shambles, he left after 2010 and they won 11 games in 2012, so unless you want to argue that Will Muschamp is an ace recruiter and football coach then I'm not sure what to make of this.

My beef with Meyer is more of a beef with the double standards of media coverage. Meyer's departure at Utah, replete with the "not going anywhere" stuff is not legendary; Saban's is. I fail to see much difference except that Saban was an NFL coach and thus cameras preserved his situation. The media loved to stir up "Saban to Texas" rumors and cite the past - but they never did this with Urban. Again that's the press' fault not Meyer's.

And then we have this utter insanity that shouldn't even merit a response but I dare not let this pass:

News flash, he did burn out. He chickened out when Tebow left and Saban handed him his lunch.
A narrative of unproven veracity and probably nothing more than wishful thinking

He took the coward's way out and left when the competition got stiff.
But wasn't the competition stiff in 2005, when he didn't win the SEC East? And wasn't it stiff in 2006, when he played the nation's toughest schedule and lost to Auburn? And wasn't it stiff in 2007, when he lost four games? It didn't suddenly get worse in 2009.

Here's something to think about: Mike Shula beat Meyer by more points in his victory (28) than Saban did in the 2009 SECCG (19). I'm sorry, but one game doesn't suddenly change everything like that. If it did, shouldn't he have quit last year when Michigan St beat him?

He took a year off at a cushy commentator's gig and then took the keys to the premiere program in the Big whatever it is.
A team on probation, don't forget that part. I mean if we're going to invoke that argument for Saban then let's at least be consistent.

One day a hard nosed coach who preaches the running game and stout defense, who is a tireless recruiter, and has rebuilt a program will come along in the Big whatever and we will see how Urban fares. Oh wait...

I have no earthly idea what this is supposed to mean. The guy is 37-3 in three seasons.

His burn out just happened to coincide with the greatest quarterback in Florida history leaving, and it becoming obvious that Saban had created a monster that would, at the very least, challenge Meyer for the SEC title every year.
This wasn't "obvious" until Meyer was already sitting on the sidelines in 2011.

He was going to have to step up his recruiting effort,
Especially since Aaron Hernandez is facing a life sentence.....

he had an unproven situation at quarterback,
You mean like in this year's Big Ten title game and playoff semi-final? I'm amazed he didn't quit on the spot!!!

and all the bubble gum and bailing wire he used to hold the program together was coming undone. He left the program in shambles. He didn't try to fix it, he left.
He left it in such bad shape that Will Muschamp won 11 games and would have played for a national title against us if USC had beaten Notre Dame........WILL MUSCHAMP!!!!

Throwing deep against Alabama late in that game showed all anybody needed to see about Urban Meyer.
It was a monumentally stupid call that COULD have cost his team the game. If DeAndrew White holds on or that Hail Mary works, you think there wouldn't have been some serious talking about what a nincompoop Meyer was in the media?

Total lack of class,
If it had worked, it would have been called a stroke of genius. It would have been Clements to Weber all over again.

because I promise you if the shoe was on the other foot Saban would've ran the football.
Yeah, because we all saw Saban punch in an unnecessary TD against Texas in 2010 by RUNNING THE BALL when he could have downed it and the same fans complaining now about that long pass are the same fans who said, "If you don't wanna get the score run up, stop the play."

I understand he's your coach and you're going to defend him, I respect that. There's far too much evidence that supports my claim for it not to be truly what happened.
There's not ANY EVIDENCE here at all, just a narrative of "I think, therefore, it must be."

You do know we are talking about Urban Meyer, right? The running game was there all night.
Okay, let's talk evidence then. You insisted there's far too much evidence so let's take a look:

SECOND HALF
1) Elliott run for 7 yards
2) Elliott run for 4 yards
3) Jones run for 6 yards
4) Elliottrun for 7 yards
5) Jones run for 12 yards
6) Elliott run for 2 yards
7) Brown run for -4 yards
8) Jones run for 5 yards
9) Elliott run for 2 yards
10) Jones run for -5 yards
11) Elliott run for 2 yards
12) Elliott run for 4 yards
13) Jones run for 5 yards
14) Jones run for 1 yard

These are ALL the Ohio State rushes in the second half PRIOR to the 85-yard burst by Elliott. (In other words, don't try to con me by appealing simply to numbers). Fourteen rushes for 48 yards and about half of those with the QB having the option. That's 3.4 yards per rush. But you cannot assume that they would have done that on three rushes and gotten a first down because that 3.4 yards per rush is tied to a NORMAL defense, not a stacked box that they faced with 1:59 left. They took a shot for the win - and if he'd have caught it then it would have won the game, which is Meyer's job.

That throw was attempted pay back for getting throttled in the SEC championship game.
Yes, that makes total sense. (This may be the most insane statement I've ever read on TideFans that was NOT during the game thread.....)

We had TWO TIME OUTS, the box stacked, and they'd gotten all of 3.4 yards per rush except for the 85-yard sprint. If the play works, the game is over.

Are you next gonna suggest Meyer went for two points to get up by 14 to also get even for 2009?

The only offense more inept than his in the fourth quarter was ours.
FOURTH QUARTER STATISTICS PRIOR TO URBAN MEYER GETTING EVEN WITH ALABAMA WITH A STUPID PASS CALL
Ohio State: 13 plays, 86 yards (85 on one play), 1 TD, two three and outs
Alabama: 18 plays, 98 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 0 three and outs

I dare say the EVIDENCE does not support your claim.

And btw......doesn't your statement that his fourth quarter offense was inept contradict your prior claim that he should have just run it because "the running game was there all night?"

Look at the clock management. Had he ran the ball we wouldn't have even got as far as we did.
Unless, of course, the running back fumbled......which has never happened...EVER!!

Look, I think the pass play was a horrible call and way too risky and so did every Ohio State fan on my Facebook. But the notion that this was an attempt to run up the score or any other such nonsense is absurd. What if Ohio State had run it twice and been hit for two five-yard losses and then had to do something with third and long?

If you wanna hate on Meyer then go ahead but let's not make stuff up and call it reality, either.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Bill, you must have a few days off. :wink:
Actually, I don't.

But since I've never worked "only" 40 hours a week at any time in my life and I'm:
a) without family
b) no longer in school (attending AND study hours)

I have a LOT of time on my hands.

:)

And I'm using it to correct the college football Internet one poster at a time. I call out our folks just like I call out anyone else. I've been dealing with the morons on OKTC giving the standard, "Alabama won't play at Wisconsin in January."

They don't like it when I point out Wisconsin doesn't even play football outdoors in Wisconsin in January....

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Very good post. I actually started typing a response to the exact same message but decided against it. You have stated my thoughts exactly...albeit in more detail. Even if someone hates Meyer the person they have to admit he is a coaching son of a gun. The guy has won big everywhere he has gone. His jobs at Bowling Green and Utah are about as good as it gets. I believe Utah was a crap program before he got there and he turned Alex Smith into the #1 overall pick. I wouldn't trade Coach Saban for anyone; however, no one in their right mind could dismiss Meyer as anything other than a winner when it comes to coaching football. If he wins against Oregon this will be one of the best single season coaching jobs ever.

This thread went bonkers.

1) For the record, I think both are great coaches. If Meyer wins the championship this year, he and Saban BOTH will be guys who have won national titles at two different schools and have at least three overall championships. That is nothing to sneeze at no matter who you are. Wanna know how many college coaches have won THREE national football championships?

Paul Bryant
Frank Leahy
Nick Saban
Bernie Bierman
John McKay
Barry Switzer
Bud Wilkinson
Tom Osborne
Woody Hayes

Meyer would become the tenth.

2) I think too many folks let their personal disgust of Meyer get the better of them when evaluating him. Let's look at a few of them here

a) He inherited great situations at Florida and Ohio State

They conveniently edit out Bowling Green. Meyer took over a 2-9 program (2000) that had not had a winning season since 1994 and in two years he had a record of 17-6. (Saban took over a 6-5 program and went 9-2). Meyer then took over Utah, a decent program, and went 22-2.

But you say he inherited a great situation at Florida? Okay, but Ron Zook who got fired for Meyer to take over inherited a BETTER situation than Meyer did, and he did nothing with it. Zook took over for Spurrier after Visor Boy had made the Gators the SEC's flagship school in the 1990s. Spurrier won six SEC titles and a national championship (and another two division titles) and left a solid program. Meyer had to clean up Zook's mess.

Oh and wasn't Ohio State on probation when Meyer took the job? That's supposed to matter when we talk about Saban at Michigan St. Now I'm certainly not suggesting that the two situations were even remotely comparable but let's not pretend Meyer took over the 1985 Bears and gets seven yards for a first down.

If your point is that Meyer inherited a better situation than Saban did at LSU and Alabama, I won't argue that point. But let's face it: very few elite programs at the top of their game fire a new coach and bring in a new one.

MANY coaches inherit GREAT situations and blow the program to pieces. And some (Earle Bruce, Ron Zook, Frank Solich) never measure up. Larry Coker, Dennis Erickson, Gary Crowton, Karl Dorrell, on and on it goes.

b) He babied out of the SEC.

This may have more merit, and I tend to think this to a certain degree. However, perhaps its because Meyer is FROM Ohio that he decided to take that job. As far as leaving Florida in shambles, he left after 2010 and they won 11 games in 2012, so unless you want to argue that Will Muschamp is an ace recruiter and football coach then I'm not sure what to make of this.

My beef with Meyer is more of a beef with the double standards of media coverage. Meyer's departure at Utah, replete with the "not going anywhere" stuff is not legendary; Saban's is. I fail to see much difference except that Saban was an NFL coach and thus cameras preserved his situation. The media loved to stir up "Saban to Texas" rumors and cite the past - but they never did this with Urban. Again that's the press' fault not Meyer's.

And then we have this utter insanity that shouldn't even merit a response but I dare not let this pass:

A narrative of unproven veracity and probably nothing more than wishful thinking

But wasn't the competition stiff in 2005, when he didn't win the SEC East? And wasn't it stiff in 2006, when he played the nation's toughest schedule and lost to Auburn? And wasn't it stiff in 2007, when he lost four games? It didn't suddenly get worse in 2009.

Here's something to think about: Mike Shula beat Meyer by more points in his victory (28) than Saban did in the 2009 SECCG (19). I'm sorry, but one game doesn't suddenly change everything like that. If it did, shouldn't he have quit last year when Michigan St beat him?

A team on probation, don't forget that part. I mean if we're going to invoke that argument for Saban then let's at least be consistent.

I have no earthly idea what this is supposed to mean. The guy is 37-3 in three seasons.

This wasn't "obvious" until Meyer was already sitting on the sidelines in 2011.

Especially since Aaron Hernandez is facing a life sentence.....

You mean like in this year's Big Ten title game and playoff semi-final? I'm amazed he didn't quit on the spot!!!

He left it in such bad shape that Will Muschamp won 11 games and would have played for a national title against us if USC had beaten Notre Dame........WILL MUSCHAMP!!!!

It was a monumentally stupid call that COULD have cost his team the game. If DeAndrew White holds on or that Hail Mary works, you think there wouldn't have been some serious talking about what a nincompoop Meyer was in the media?

If it had worked, it would have been called a stroke of genius. It would have been Clements to Weber all over again.

Yeah, because we all saw Saban punch in an unnecessary TD against Texas in 2010 by RUNNING THE BALL when he could have downed it and the same fans complaining now about that long pass are the same fans who said, "If you don't wanna get the score run up, stop the play."

There's not ANY EVIDENCE here at all, just a narrative of "I think, therefore, it must be."

Okay, let's talk evidence then. You insisted there's far too much evidence so let's take a look:

SECOND HALF
1) Elliott run for 7 yards
2) Elliott run for 4 yards
3) Jones run for 6 yards
4) Elliottrun for 7 yards
5) Jones run for 12 yards
6) Elliott run for 2 yards
7) Brown run for -4 yards
8) Jones run for 5 yards
9) Elliott run for 2 yards
10) Jones run for -5 yards
11) Elliott run for 2 yards
12) Elliott run for 4 yards
13) Jones run for 5 yards
14) Jones run for 1 yard

These are ALL the Ohio State rushes in the second half PRIOR to the 85-yard burst by Elliott. (In other words, don't try to con me by appealing simply to numbers). Fourteen rushes for 48 yards and about half of those with the QB having the option. That's 3.4 yards per rush. But you cannot assume that they would have done that on three rushes and gotten a first down because that 3.4 yards per rush is tied to a NORMAL defense, not a stacked box that they faced with 1:59 left. They took a shot for the win - and if he'd have caught it then it would have won the game, which is Meyer's job.

Yes, that makes total sense. (This may be the most insane statement I've ever read on TideFans that was NOT during the game thread.....)

We had TWO TIME OUTS, the box stacked, and they'd gotten all of 3.4 yards per rush except for the 85-yard sprint. If the play works, the game is over.

Are you next gonna suggest Meyer went for two points to get up by 14 to also get even for 2009?

FOURTH QUARTER STATISTICS PRIOR TO URBAN MEYER GETTING EVEN WITH ALABAMA WITH A STUPID PASS CALL
Ohio State: 13 plays, 86 yards (85 on one play), 1 TD, two three and outs
Alabama: 18 plays, 98 yards, 1 TD, 1 int, 0 three and outs

I dare say the EVIDENCE does not support your claim.

And btw......doesn't your statement that his fourth quarter offense was inept contradict your prior claim that he should have just run it because "the running game was there all night?"

Unless, of course, the running back fumbled......which has never happened...EVER!!

Look, I think the pass play was a horrible call and way too risky and so did every Ohio State fan on my Facebook. But the notion that this was an attempt to run up the score or any other such nonsense is absurd. What if Ohio State had run it twice and been hit for two five-yard losses and then had to do something with third and long?

If you wanna hate on Meyer then go ahead but let's not make stuff up and call it reality, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.