Link: Winston going pro

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Funny thing is with his on field skill set and leadership skills he will probably lead them to the playoffs year one. He needs to go to a place like New England where he would have to sit behind a great QB. That would give him lots of time to get in trouble. If he is playing he will probably keep his nose clean.
New England didn't exactly help Evan Hernandez. ;)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The most interesting thing about this going forward will be how Jimbo Fisher handles his players at FSU. He may end up losing all control and throwing his career away for the way he handled Winston.
Or, right before his lack of discipline completely undermines the team, he could retire to be with his family for a year, then use his standing as a national champ coach to land another good job.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
If I'm a GM and I have the opportunity to take Winston or Cooper at #2, I take Cooper, no question. Amari is so much more mature and has a 15+ year career ahead of him. I know Jameis is talented and has strong leadership qualities, but I just don't see him beating out Cooper's potential NFL impact long-term.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
If I'm a GM and I have the opportunity to take Winston or Cooper at #2, I take Cooper, no question. Amari is so much more mature and has a 15+ year career ahead of him. I know Jameis is talented and has strong leadership qualities, but I just don't see him beating out Cooper's potential NFL impact long-term.

true, but some teams wont need a WR. the top 2 teams at the top of the draft right now need QB's. Jax took Bortles last year and has some young WR's. Oakland needs a WR at 4. I'd be shocked if they didnt take Cooper.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
true, but some teams wont need a WR. the top 2 teams at the top of the draft right now need QB's. Jax took Bortles last year and has some young WR's. Oakland needs a WR at 4. I'd be shocked if they didnt take Cooper.
FWIW kiper and mcshay have amari at 6 because of the defensive needs of jax and oakland, but Kiper has been wrong more times than not.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Let's see what happens without a large university and a city police force covering/cleaning up his screwups. Hope I am wrong simply because we need more taxpaying citizens than we do legal gymnasts, but I wouldn't count on this guy becoming one of the solid citizens.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.