Link: Winston going pro

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was hoping it would get better after Bud, um, became uninvolved. But that hasn't happened, other than the Chance Warmack pick. They need to trade down to the 7-12 range for an additional 2nd round pick this year and next year, then get Amari if possible.
I think Amari will be a very good NFL player but I hate taking WRs in the first round. See Kendall Wright. IMO, *most* of the time 1st round picks should be OLine, defensive line (mainly pass rushers), or cornerbacks. And obviously QBs if that is a need. If you look at the successful teams in the NFL that is pretty much how they draft. RBs, WRs, LBs and safetys are easier to find in later rounds..

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
I have a friend with the Titans org and I've been told they are standing in puddles of there own drool hoping to get Winston.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Titans will take him if they can get him. I agree the guy is a train wreck. Hope he can get his life together and accepts an opportunity to fess up to his past mistakes, ask for forgiveness, and do his best to try to make it right. Also, he better get his vision straightened out. He won't have time to squint in the NFL.
Ask for forgiveness? What he needs is to have his butt thrown in jail for his mistakes.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The most interesting thing about this going forward will be how Jimbo Fisher handles his players at FSU. He may end up losing all control and throwing his career away for the way he handled Winston.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Ask for forgiveness? What he needs is to have his butt thrown in jail for his mistakes.
I agree 100% but you and I , FSU ,the Tallahassee Police department, local politicians and Winston know that ain't gonna happen.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I'm hoping the Bucs grab him. TB is a totally dysfunctional organization from top to bottom, and I would love to see him have a very short and ineffective career. And TB is a place where NFL careers go to die. I would also be fine seeing him go to the Jets, another train wreck.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I'm hoping the Bucs grab him. TB is a totally dysfunctional organization from top to bottom, and I would love to see him have a very short and ineffective career. And TB is a place where NFL careers go to die. I would also be fine seeing him go to the Jets, another train wreck.
He probably wants to get out of Florida until a couple a statute of limitations run out.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
If he is drafted by either the Bucs of the Jets it will effectively be like punishment. The Bucs especially are horrible on the O-Line. And Winston really isn't a scrambling QB.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
pro now...but in all likelihood (barring an intervention or epiphany), con later.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Funny thing is with his on field skill set and leadership skills he will probably lead them to the playoffs year one. He needs to go to a place like New England where he would have to sit behind a great QB. That would give him lots of time to get in trouble. If he is playing he will probably keep his nose clean.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Still laughing at his Rose Bowl epic failure...

Last edited:
B

BroadwayJoe777

I am a Titans fan and IF the Titans draft Rapeis I become an ex-Titans fan!
Get ready cuz he will be the second pick. It could be worse though. You could be like me and be a Cleveland Browns fan.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.