Link: Reuben Foster: 'I've Got to Keep My Head Up'

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Clicky

Reuben Foster is a missile with a helmet and shoulder pads. And that’s more for his protection, really – not his opponent. The Alabama linebacker is now nationally known for his big hitting ability, as he has landed two in primetime games on special teams this season.

The first came on the final play of regulation against LSU when the Crimson Tide kicked off to the Tigers after tying the game on a last-minute drive. Freshman running back Leonard Fournette picked up the squib kick and attempted to return it for a touchdown before overtime.

But Foster was locked in on Fournette before Adam Griffith kicked the ball off. He launched his body into the freshman tailback’s right side, sweeping Fournette off his feet before he could cross the 20-yard line and sending the game into overtime.

Nick Saban said the play “energized” the team at the end of regulation, and fellow linebacker Reggie Ragland couldn’t help but get excited when talking about Foster’*****.

“Whoo, I’ve seen Reuben do it so much, it’s like second nature to him,” Ragland said after the LSU game. “It’s like, whoo, I think Reuben is a harder hitter than I am. Every time you see him hit, he just makes everything explode and fall. Yeah, that hit, baby. Whoo.”

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Keep your head up, Reuben. More than just for football.....for life.....

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
i hated seeing the stupid taunting penalty by 21 again after reubens awesome hit in the osu game
Let's go out on a bamboo limb here with the supposition that Reuben's latest greatest hit - without that dumb-arst taunting penalty - would have captured momentum for 'Bama and changed the complexion of the game. I really believe it anyhow, but I'm an old special teams player who still sees the world through wedge-busting crimson glasses.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Let's go out on a bamboo limb here with the supposition that Reuben's latest greatest hit - without that dumb-arst taunting penalty - would have captured momentum for 'Bama and changed the complexion of the game. I really believe it anyhow, but I'm an old special teams player who still sees the world through wedge-busting crimson glasses.
they were on the 11 yard line before the penalty. i think our d would have feasted on them for that series, at least, i was fully expecting that :)

B

BroadwayJoe777

Still worried about his neck injuries, but the dude was/is an amazing special teams player.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I just hope he learns the defense well enough to nail down the MLB position permanently. He looked a little shaky calling the defensive signals while DePriest was out.

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
That was the biggest turning point in the game in my opinion. We had just gone up 21-6 and that hit created huge energy and momentum, plus play calling for OSU at the 10 yard line is much different than the 25. No way to know it or prove it but I believe if that taunting penalty did not happen, we never trail in that game and we would be playing in Dallas next Monday!!!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I would love to see Reuben play an entire game at MLB. If you go look at his high school recruiting videos, his quickness to the ball carrier is amazing. It looks like they let him just play rather than having play calling duties. I really hope he will earn the starting spot because he is fun to watch!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Someone has to make the calls for the defense. I was worried about gap discipline by the LB corps. trey always knew where he was supposed to be but simply had physical limitations. So much talent there you just hope the light clicks on and stays that way. I think they are going to be head hunting next season in a ferocious way but that is just my optimistic opinion [emoji3]

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Every day offers the opportunity for growth and improvement. But when Ragland got hurt and Lee wasn't available, we went with a true freshman, not our five-star recruit who has been reading the playbook a lot longer.
I thought that was a pretty telling myself. I've watched that play over and over, and really, the whole right side of the defense was like the Keystone Kops on that play. Cy Jones tried to run around the backside and took himself of the play, Dickson just slap missed the tackle, SDH just got dominated by the OSU WR caused TPD to get caught up and tripped, Nick Perry tip-toed up to the line instead of attacking and got blocked by the LG that pulled around, and Jarrick Williams took a terrible angle and Eddie Jackson never had a chance (or speed) to recover coming from the other side.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.