News Article: Due to Their Academic Calendars, OSU has Unlimited Practice Time; Oregon has 20 Hours

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
To make things fair, they should make an exception for one team or the other to level the field.

#######

edit: I don't want to keep bumping the thread over this so I'll try an edit:

I'm not that bothered over this, just enjoying the discussion and trying out my new keyboard for my tablet.

I would think in a game as important as the title game, they would make an exception so that both teams have the same practice requirements. The easiest way to do this would be to require Ohio State to follow the same practice time as allowed to Oregon. That was my thinking when I suggested Urby should just do this voluntarily.

Last edited:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Knowing this,if the ducks still clean thier clocks it will be that much more impressive. We'll see.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
At this point if you don't know it, you'll never know it. A few extra hours isn't going to make any difference.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I really do not think it matters Oregon is a finely tuned machine right know. More time could leave to over preparation and that does you no good as we all know.By this point in the season both teams know what the other does well and not so well and there is not a whole lot Oregon does not do well. They are the best team in college football right now simple as that.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Frankly, at this point in the season I don't think it will make any difference. I still think it should be corrected for appearances' sake.

as it is, if Ohio State wins, Oregon has a built-in excuse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.