News Article: Due to Their Academic Calendars, OSU has Unlimited Practice Time; Oregon has 20 Hours

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Ohio State is an underdog to Oregon in Monday's College Football Playoff National Championship, but the Buckeyes do have one advantage: They can practice longer.

Because Ohio State's spring semester doesn't start until Monday, the Buckeyes are not required to adhere to the NCAA's 20-hour rule, limiting countable athletic activities to four hours a day and 20 hours a week. Oregon's academic term began this week, so the Ducks cannot exceed 20 hours, according to NCAA rules.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
They may can rest physically, but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be stuck in a film room or training room for every waking hour till the ball game.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In my opinion, if Urby had a sense of fair play, he would limit the time his team has to prepare to equal the opponents' time.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
In my opinion, if Urby had a sense of fair play, he would limit the time his team has to prepare to equal the opponents' time.
So do I sense you think he won't? I certainly don't think he will. I personally think he'd try to have a mild case of food poisoning hit the Ducks the morning of the game. But that's just me.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Teams take advantage of anything they think gives them an edge. Some coaches even opt for a less grueling schedule leading up to big games. Nothing unfair about it.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If I rooted for his team I would want no such thing. As long as it is legal I would do everything possible to prepare my team. Now to much practice could also hurt them as was mentioned earlier. Going outside of your normal routine could be seen as a panic move by the players. I would under no circumstance care what the other team has. Next out of fairness he will have to not recruit 5 star players.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Both teams should have the same rules. Giving one team an edge because of a fluke of an academic calendar is not fair. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :eek:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've always considered having the same rules appying to both teams for a game to be very basic, I'm amazed we seem to have people not bothered by this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.