Boehner starts handing out punishment for dissenters

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Well, these were the right two to retaliate against:

Rules Chairman Pete Sessions of Texas, suggested Tuesday night that “it became apparent to a number of people that there seemed to be a problem” with Nugent’s and Webster’s willingness to play with the team. And on the Rules Committee, which is often referred to as “the speaker’s committee,” teamwork is a priority.
California Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, a staunch Boehner ally and the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, suggested getting a spot on the committee is the speaker’s prerogative.“It’s the speaker’s committee,” Nunes said. “It’s his committee that he won outright, so you can’t have people on there that are then gonna vote against rules, and they did it without telling the speaker and, quite frankly, without telling the rest of the conference, which they had a responsibility to do. … A lot of people around here have learned that if you don’t have 218 votes, you give control to [Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi.”

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And this is surprising how? It's the standard rules of the game. Take a stand, you'd better be ready to fall on your sword (and take your constituents with you...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If I were retaliated against like that, when he needed my vote on a specific important bill that he wanted passed, he wouldn't find it!

He'd get my vote when a certain place freezes over!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
If I were retaliated against like that, when he needed my vote on a specific important bill that he wanted passed, he wouldn't find it!

He won't need their votes. He's more aligned with Pelosi and that ilk. He'll get all the votes he needs with a little compromise to appease his fellow democrats.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

And that 's the point - that's how DC runs - it's not about what's best for the country, it's political games an dower grabs.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

What if it was in the best interest of the nation? I think the key word here is "retaliated." Seems like you're depending on him being the bigger man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.