Can we expect any "surprise" teams in the SEC next year?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
How good is Johnson? Auburn's QB next year? Apparently, their offense will look a little differently with him at QB?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
For it to be a surprise, it will have to be well.. a surprise. No one saw Miss State or Ole Miss doing what they did for the first 2/3 of the season. Just like that, we won't know next year until it comes. Think of some teams instead who will likely be near the bottom of the SEC. If any of those teams show up next year, then there's your surprise.
I picked Ole Miss to go 10-2 (6-2) and Miss State to go 9-3 (5-3). Would have had it reversed if Egg Bowl had been in Starkville.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Heck WE ! can be a surprise !!!!! I know most of us don't think we will be great next year on offense. I think we will. The D will carry us in the beginning but I think we will be hitting on all cylinders about the Tennessee game. I think we will be better than people think ! Might not make the playoffs, But we could ! I think the first game will tell us a lot on just how hungry this team want's to be.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
In the West, I'd have to go with Arkansas and Auburn, although neither would really be that much of a surprise. That said, I still think the West runs through Bama and LSU. Ole Miss will be tough and A&M may have something to say as well. I expect State to really take about 4 steps back and possibly bring up the rear in the West.

in the East, UT and UF may be the top picks to challenge UGA and Mizzou. I don't see anything from USCe to make me think they're going to do much better than get bowl-eligible.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the Tenercee Vols will be the surprise team in the SEC next year. Looking at how our series has gone with them, I expect them to win the Bama vs Vols game this year. If their current QB had started the Bama game this year, it could have been MUCH tougher to win.

I will really hate to see a lot of that color on TV this year.
I think the vols have a shot at us because we will be coming off a game at ATM, but I really don't think they will beat us because they still have some team building to do and it's not like dobbs makes this huge difference playing against us because we have seen him twice in meaningful games with weaker defenses than what we will probably field next year.

As for the topic at hand... I think ATM will be the surprise team this upcoming year. Call me crazy but I'm more worried about chavis to aTm than muschamp to auburn. It is because chavis has a grasp on how to stop modern offenses and muschamp doesn't. Chavis lets his players play defense and doesn't have a complicated formula so with the amount of talent ATM has in it's arsenal it's not unrealistic to think he will have an immediate impact

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.