Kenny Hill (Texas A&M QB) asks for release

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
http://espn.go.com/college-football...lease-texas-tcu-possible-transfer-destination

Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Kenny Hill has asked for his release from the school and is expected to transfer, sources close to Hill and the program told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Hill, from the north Dallas suburb of Southlake, could be looking to play closer to home. Big 12 champion TCU is a strong possibility for Hill, a source said.

Hill replaced former Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel for the Aggies and surged to the forefront of the early Heisman race with a 511-yard, three-touchdown demolition of fellow SEC opponent South Carolina to open the 2014 season.
Wow talk about a fall from grace. I told all my buddies after he smoked aTm that I thought it was more of USCe being pitiful than aTm and Hill being "that good". I wonder what he done to get suspended and get in the doghouse?

And for that "Kenny Trill" crap, that is what you get when you give yourself a nickname:biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Who didn't see this coming after the true freshman takes over and plays lights out after Alabama game. IIRC TCU's QB who burst on the scene this year is only a sophomore, so Hill would have to wait his turn, OTOH UTex is really in need of a QB as is LSU. Maybe we should start a thread for QB Carousel.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well I have seen Murray play QB for Allen for years now and that guy is the real deal so I do not see Trill hitting the field for the balance of his career at aTm.

keystnlabs

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2013

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Who didn't see this coming after the true freshman takes over and plays lights out after Alabama game. IIRC TCU's QB who burst on the scene this year is only a sophomore, so Hill would have to wait his turn, OTOH UTex is really in need of a QB as is LSU. Maybe we should start a thread for QB Carousel.
Trevone Boykin is entering his senior season. Kenny can sit out this upcoming year and have a year remaining.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Wow...
The kid showed an attitude, starting when we beat them, but he was pushed into way too much responsibility too soon.
He'll turn out to be a player somewhere.
sip

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Wow...
The kid showed an attitude, starting when we beat them, but he was pushed into way too much responsibility too soon.
He'll turn out to be a player somewhere.
sip
I'm not so sure. Goes from a first start, smoking a couple of teams that turned out to be not so good. From there, files to trademark Trill Hill, just as Johnny Football did. To out of a starting job less than a month later.

He will have to make a complete 180 in terms of sense of entitlement and ego. Maybe getting dope-slapped by the real world will do it. But my experience is that after 12-14 years old, it's nigh on impossible to change a fundamental mindset.

But true, he has nowhere to go but up. If Kenny Hill were an investment, I'd have shorted him at the point of filing a trademark. I'd clear that position about now.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..They're in a unique position to literally build a "Aggie Wall"around all the best of the best "Blue Chip" Texas recruits, while The ShortHorns are in a funk, they just can't pull themselves out of it seems like, and The Aggie's should literally have the Top 10 Texas recruits begging them to come play for them in the SEC..And they're simply not doing as good of a job recruiting wise, as I think they could be, and The ShortHorn's landed a couple of the Top 2(I wanna say one was the #1 Texas recruit in all the recruiting web sites) recruits from Texas a week or so ago..

If The Aggie's doesn't dominate The ShortHorns right now in recruiting, they are blowing their wad, during one of the worst time in Texas Football history & The Aggie's should have at least 8 or 9 of the Top Ten recruits from the State Of Texas this recruiting season..If they can't get the job done now..Sumlin should be ashamed of himself cause Texas won't stay down long & will become an elite school before long under Coach Strong or another HC should they get rid of Coach Strong before he has the chance to do the job the right way..It's now or never for Sumlin & The Aggie's to own the State f Texas in recruiting..Heck..Even Alabama has 2 of the Top 10 Texas recruits this recruiting class & that's better than The Aggie's right now..JMHO
I love it when the Aggies are a mess.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
What in the h-e- double hockey sticks is a trill anyway? Thrill Hill makes sense to me, but Trill just sounds stupid, but there is a large dose of stupidity going around these days it seems. Maybe it is because I am getting older.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
What in the h-e- double hockey sticks is a trill anyway? Thrill Hill makes sense to me, but Trill just sounds stupid, but there is a large dose of stupidity going around these days it seems. Maybe it is because I am getting older.
Rap music Houston slang. Trill the greatest or best.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.