Link: Moving to Uganda as full-missionaries

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009
Hey everyone,
just wanted to ask for your prayer support as my family and I have accepted the call into full time missions. If you are interested and willing, you can follow us at https://www.facebook.com/paytonspassage?ref=bookmarks. Or you can read about it at our website at paytonspassage.webs.com

Feel absolutely free to like and share our facebook page. We are using it to keep people informed as we move forward in following the direction that God is leading us. If you have any questions, please, just ask....I would love to share the story of how God has been moving in our lives....from military to deployments to ministry and now to the mission field...God bless!

Jeremy (Jamie) and Sheri Payton

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
please, please, please tell me that this group you are joining does not support the vile and disgusting anti-gay agenda being driven by some American Christians in Uganda?

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
please, please, please tell me that this group you are joining does not support the vile and disgusting anti-gay agenda being driven by some American Christians in Uganda?
Dude....

Sometimes I think ridiculous things, but find the restraint to not type them. Know-what-I'm-sayin'?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Dude....

Sometimes I think ridiculous things, but find the restraint to not type them. Know-what-I'm-sayin'?
no

these people are in Uganda sponsoring a law that says Homsexuals should be put to death or receive life in prison

that is wrong, no matter what anyone's religions says and there is no way I won't say it. If Sarg here is going to support that effort than I'll call him out for it. If he is going to fight against it then I will offer him congrats as well.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/...ishes-homosexuality-life-imprisonment/356365/

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009
We are going to share the love, light and eternal life offered through faith in Jesus Christ:) thanks for all the prayers ladies and gentlemen! Blessings:)

the Paytons

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
no

these people are in Uganda sponsoring a law that says Homsexuals should be put to death or receive life in prison

that is wrong, no matter what anyone's religions says and there is no way I won't say it. If Sarg here is going to support that effort than I'll call him out for it. If he is going to fight against it then I will offer him congrats as well.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/...ishes-homosexuality-life-imprisonment/356365/
So, timing and discretion is not your thing. PM the guy and ask that way. I actually clicked on his link, and guess what? No anti-gay sentiments, regardless of his beliefs. Does that sound like an activist, who would be blaring it from the rooftops? No.

Do your homework.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So, timing and discretion is not your thing. PM the guy and ask that way. I actually clicked on his link, and guess what? No anti-gay sentiments, regardless of his beliefs. Does that sound like an activist, who would be blaring it from the rooftops? No.

Do your homework.
take your own advice, if you want to call me out PM me

I clicked his link too, and went to his churches site, no discussion on the topic that I can find

I do however find it curious, that he liked your earlier comment, replied to this thread after me but has not addressed my post.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
take your own advice, if you want to call me out PM me

I clicked his link too, and went to his churches site, no discussion on the topic that I can find

I do however find it curious, that he liked your earlier comment, replied to this thread after me but has not addressed my post.
I found it curious that you didn't like someone calling you out. But I'm done there. And, in my opinion, he is showing a lot of grace by not even dignifying your rude question with a response, but he seems to agree that was ridiculous in context (as in, "Where in the world did that come from? I was just asking for support and prayers!".

I needs to work on my grace.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I found it curious that you didn't like someone calling you out. But I'm done there. And, in my opinion, he is showing a lot of grace by not even dignifying your rude question with a response, but he seems to agree that was ridiculous in context (as in, "Where in the world did that come from? I was just asking for support and prayers!".

I needs to work on my grace.
I don't have any problems with you calling me out. Totally fine with it, I just think if you have a problem with me doing that then you shouldn't yourself. If I had a problem with people calling me out I would have left tidefans years ago. I'm extremely opinionated and very thick skinned as I've been called out on this board so often I can't possibly quantify it.

As far as me being rude, again don't care what you think but I also don't think my question is rude. What American Christians have been doing in Uganda is frankly abhorrent and deserves to be called out publicly at every possible opportunity. I simply expressed my sincere desire that my fellow bama fan and tidefans nonsports poster not be a part of that disgusting behavior. If that's rude so be it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What? Are they cutting people's heads off? ;) :biggrin2:
I know it's in blue and meant as a joke, but yes gay people are routinely killed in Uganda for being gay by Christians with the implicit support of American Evangelicals

Just read a story where a woman who identified as Male was dragged into a Christian Church and raped repeatedly for over a week as an attempt to "cure" her. Of gay people in hiding, criminal prosecution for not reporting a someone you know as homosexual and yes people getting killed for simply being themselves.

It is a disgusting as anything ISIS is doing but let's all just say congrats to First Sergeant.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I have no problem with Jon's posts. The problems missionaries have caused in Uganda are well documented.

I do wish our fellow Tidefans member and his family safety and success is spreading the Word of Christ's love in Uganda.

I have bookmarked the pages mentioned by First Sergeant and look forward to checking them out.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Hey everyone,
just wanted to ask for your prayer support as my family and I have accepted the call into full time missions. If you are interested and willing, you can follow us at https://www.facebook.com/paytonspassage?ref=bookmarks. Or you can read about it at our website at paytonspassage.webs.com

Feel absolutely free to like and share our facebook page. We are using it to keep people informed as we move forward in following the direction that God is leading us. If you have any questions, please, just ask....I would love to share the story of how God has been moving in our lives....from military to deployments to ministry and now to the mission field...God bless!

Jeremy (Jamie) and Sheri Payton
Good luck and God bless you (plural). Keep us informed on what you are doing there. I don't do Facebook so stay tuned to this network, i.e. TideFans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.