Link: Miss St's McKinney to enter NFL Draft.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Take this FWIW (nephew is MSU grad and loves Bama, but still "Hail"'s) - the dogs played a lot of guys on defense this year, so they have more depth than they have ever had (I know, not saying much, but still). They won't be as good next year, but they won't be starting a lot of players who haven't played a good bit. I don't know who DM hired as DC (has he hired anyone yet?), but if he gets someone halfway decent they won't be as good as this year, maybe, but not as bad as some think.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
MSU is gonna stink - they're only returning 6 starters.

OM returns 17 starters - I suspect they'll be good.
I agree. State will fall back and Dak will wish he had gone pro if he decides not to go. He may not be a QB in the NFL, but I think he could go make some money before joining the real world.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Texas A&M is going to be mad that you left them out of the mix.
After having a worse record each of the past two years (11-2 down to 9-4 to 8-5) I see TAMU as trending up. They have one of the best DC's in the country and a LOT of young talent. They will be a mid level team, but not the pushover you seem to expect.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Ole Miss will still have a darn good defense, but I think their offense will take a step back. If they were having to reach out to Chad Kelly as a quarterback option, that tells me that they don't have a quarterback for next year. Plus, their skill position players weren't all that special after Treadwell went down with injury. He masked a lot of their offensive weaknesses.

Miss State could go either way. I do believe that Dan Mullen is a good enough coach to get the most out of the talent that they have or don't have, and Prescott will arguably be one of the top qbs in the country coming back next year. MSU always has a scrappy defense, so it will hinge on if they can get enough from their offense win the close games.

I would anticipate both of them being an 8 win team or so with their max potential being roughly 9-10 games.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Ole Miss will still have a darn good defense, but I think their offense will take a step back. If they were having to reach out to Chad Kelly as a quarterback option, that tells me that they don't have a quarterback for next year. Plus, their skill position players weren't all that special after Treadwell went down with injury. He masked a lot of their offensive weaknesses.

Miss State could go either way. I do believe that Dan Mullen is a good enough coach to get the most out of the talent that they have or don't have, and Prescott will arguably be one of the top qbs in the country coming back next year. MSU always has a scrappy defense, so it will hinge on if they can get enough from their offense win the close games.

I would anticipate both of them being an 8 win team or so with their max potential being roughly 9-10 games.
Melvin Ingram was 1st team all SEC at TE. Ole Miss doesn't have a solid RB, but if they get a QB they'll be good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.