Letter from Landon Collins to the University, coaches and fans

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
From the moment he picked Bama..And how a certain person acted the way they did, when he picked Bama over The Swamp Kittens, and stole the thunder from Landon's moment in the spotlight during in live TV Commitment to The Crimson Tide..Landon became one of my all time favorite Players to wear Crimson at that moment, despite the obvious family pressure & local fans pressure to pick The Swamp Kittens, he proved without doubt, he was his own "Man" & went with his heart by coming to Bama..I still feel bad for him that day he picked Bama, but, from that moment he put on the Crimson Tide hat, he grew into his own man & a real man in that moment, by following his heart by coming to Bama & learning from Coach Saban..It was the obvious & best choice to get away from certain family & most likely bad influences by staying close to home at LSU..We all love & are all very proud of the awesome man you've grown into here at Bama..And as we watched you grow into a rare breed of man & football talent at Bama..You've grown into an AA & a 1st round NFL Pick before our very eye's over the years..I hope you retire the best S to ever have played in the NFL..Just like you left Bama as I consider the the best Safety in my lifetime as a Bama Fan..

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
From the moment he picked Bama..And how a certain person acted the way they did, when he picked Bama over The Swamp Kittens, and stole the thunder from Landon's moment in the spotlight during in live TV Commitment to The Crimson Tide..Landon became one of my all time favorite Players to wear Crimson at that moment, despite the obvious family pressure & local fans pressure to pick The Swamp Kittens, he proved without doubt, he was his own "Man" & went with his heart by coming to Bama..I still feel bad for him that day he picked Bama, but, from that moment he put on the Crimson Tide hat, he grew into his own man & a real man in that moment, by following his heart by coming to Bama & learning from Coach Saban..It was the obvious & best choice to get away from certain family & most likely bad influences by staying close to home at LSU..We all love & are all very proud of the awesome man you've grown into here at Bama..And as we watched you grow into a rare breed of man & football talent at Bama..You've grown into an AA & a 1st round NFL Pick before our very eye's over the years..I hope you retire the best S to ever have played in the NFL..Just like you left Bama as I consider the the best Safety in my lifetime as a Bama Fan..
FYI---His mom was there for the announcement today and she was decked out in crimson.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's awesome & am glad to hear that..I was trying not to disrespect her & was trying to walk on egg shells trying to get my point across..Cause it is what it is..I like everyone that saw his commitment to Bama cringed for Landon & felt absolutely terrible for him..And to clarify when I said to get away from bad influences, I didn't mean his Mom, I read an article about his supposed "Handlers" that was giving him advice from outside of his family during his recruitment..
FYI---His mom was there for the announcement today and she was decked out in crimson.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Awesome letter by an awesome player and team mate. The most impressive thing about the entire situation is in a television interview I saw he say's he has a plan to complete his education although he's going to the next level. He'll be missed as a leader in the locker room much less on the field but he's doing the right thing.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
What a classy way to leave the Capstone! Everyone expected Landon to leave after this year. Just wish it could have been with another NC. However, the principles he learned while at Alabama will serve him well for the rest of his life. He is a first rounder, no doubt. Just hope he gets with a decent team i.e. not Tenn or Raiders. Tampa will get one of the QBs (not Jamies if they have sense). He may drop as far as 12-15 range. If he's lucky he will get an up and coming team. Atlanta desperately needs D, so he would start right away with them. I wish him all the luck in the world for a very successful career in the NFL and afterwards. rtr

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
These are the kind of young men that make me proud to be an Alabama fan. I don't keep up with the NFL but I wish Mr. Collins all the best in any of his future endeavors. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

BamaBay

Scout Team
Jul 30, 2006
Saraland, AL
"I came in as a 18 year old boy who wanted nothing more than to play for Coach Saban and wear the prestigious “A” on my helmet."

I could swear that he had a "26" on his helmet (not to be picky)! Yes, he was a great one and willl be missed!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
"I came in as a 18 year old boy who wanted nothing more than to play for Coach Saban and wear the prestigious “A” on my helmet."

I could swear that he had a "26" on his helmet (not to be picky)! Yes, he was a great one and willl be missed!
Landon was clearly referring to this one:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.