Link: SIAP..Alabama Has Most Players In NFL Divisional Playoff Round

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought this was a really good article showing how many Alabama Players Coach Saban & "The Process" puts into the NFL..And how well they're doing on top of that thanks to our coaching of our past & present coaching staff..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

On Saturday, the Baltimore Ravens will visit the New England Patriots at 3:35 p.m. CT and the Carolina Panthers with travel to play the Seattle Seahawks at 7:15 p.m. CT.

On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys will face off against the Green Bay Packers at 12:05 p.m. CT and the Indianapolis Colts will battle the Denver Broncos at 3:40 p.m. CT.

Here is a list of all the former Crimson Tide players that are on rosters in NFL games the next two days:

LB C.J. Mosley, Baltimore Ravens
LB Courtney Upshaw, Baltimore Ravens
DL Terrence Cody, Baltimore Ravens
LB Dont'a Hightower, New England Patriots
S Roman Harper, Carolina Panthers
S Robert Lester, Carolina Panthers
OL James Carpenter, Seattle Seahawks
WR Kevin Norwood, Seattle Seahawks
LB Rolando McClain, Dallas Cowboys
RB Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Green Bay Packers
RB Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts
DL Josh Chapman, Indianapolis Colts

*** Note: Seattle DT Jesse Williams is on the Seahawks injured reserve list.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Too bad it took so long for Ro to finally decide what he wanted to do. It would be awesome to have him in the same backfield with Courtney and CJ.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Had hopes Adrian Hubbard making that list; spent season on Packers practice squad. Anybody else from 'Bama with same status in the NFL postseason?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Too bad it took so long for Ro to finally decide what he wanted to do. It would be awesome to have him in the same backfield with Courtney and CJ.
I knew he would finally get it together. The same feeling I have for Trent.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's too bad that Julio & Atlanta as usual each year, has a choke job, that ends their year early..If Atlanta ever hires the right HC, Atlanta has the offense in place, that can actually win the Super Bowl, it's on the D side of the ball, that's holding them back from ever getting over that "Proverbial Hump"..They just never can get pass that "Hump"to make it to & win the Super Bowl..Arthur Blanks seems likes one of the better owner to play for & I think Coach Smith has taken The Falcos as far as he is gong to..

If Blank's fires Coach Smith now their season is over..Who's the HC do y'all think Blanks should go after & hire..I know Coach Saban will retire at Bama, but, Atlanta is the kinda NFL team Coach Saban would do well at coaching for Arthur Blanks & I actually think Coach Saban would be the HC to finally get Atlanta a Super Bowl win..I know Coach Saban isn't leaving Bama, I was just saying he would do well at Atlanta..Having said that..I honestly think Coach Dantonio would be a good fit at Atlanta, I think his demeanor is perfect for the NFL & he's an actually really good X's & O's Pro Style type HC on the D side of the ball..And would have success at Atlanta..I know he would & would be a great replacement for Smitty as The Falcon's HC..He's my choice to replace Smitty, should Blanks fire him, who's a HC do y'all think would make a good replacement for Smitty at Atlanta?? ..Would Blanks dip into the college ranks for a proven college HC o would Blanks stick with an NFL HC or a "Hot Shot' NFL assistant once again..Like say Rob Ryan..He could coach The Falcon's D while serving as their HC & bring in a really good OC to turn the offense over to run & have complete control of the offense..

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
It's too bad that Julio & Atlanta as usual each year, has a choke job, that ends their year early..If Atlanta ever hires the right HC, Atlanta has the offense in place, that can actually win the Super Bowl, it's on the D side of the ball, that's holding them back from ever getting over that "Proverbial Hump"..They just never can get pass that "Hump"to make it to & win the Super Bowl..Arthur Blanks seems likes one of the better owner to play for & I think Coach Smith has taken The Falcos as far as he is gong to..

If Blank's fires Coach Smith now their season is over..Who's the HC do y'all think Blanks should go after & hire..I know Coach Saban will retire at Bama, but, Atlanta is the kinda NFL team Coach Saban would do well at coaching for Arthur Blanks & I actually think Coach Saban would be the HC to finally get Atlanta a Super Bowl win..I know Coach Saban isn't leaving Bama, I was just saying he would do well at Atlanta..Having said that..I honestly think Coach Dantonio would be a good fit at Atlanta, I think his demeanor is perfect for the NFL & he's an actually really good X's & O's Pro Style type HC on the D side of the ball..And would have success at Atlanta..I know he would & would be a great replacement for Smitty as The Falcon's HC..He's my choice to replace Smitty, should Blanks fire him, who's a HC do y'all think would make a good replacement for Smitty at Atlanta?? ..Would Blanks dip into the college ranks for a proven college HC o would Blanks stick with an NFL HC or a "Hot Shot' NFL assistant once again..Like say Rob Ryan..He could coach The Falcon's D while serving as their HC & bring in a really good OC to turn the offense over to run & have complete control of the offense..
smith was fired on black monday. they will not hire a college coach. it will be either an coordinator who has a hot name or a former head coach. Doug Marrone would be a great fit but i think he will go to another team. josh McDaniels is a name that has also been floating around but he sucked as a head coach with Denver

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
What do you think about a defensive minded coach like Rob Ryan as The Falcons HC, he's going to get a HC'ing job eventually & he's played against The Falcons many time, and is familiar with the Falcons Players & they know him as well..If The Falcons hired Rob Ryan & he brought a really good offensive minded OC & a QB coach, to help Matt Ryan improve his game even more..I think that would be a good hire..I think Ryan's D's has been pretty good most years..The Saints offense hasn't helped their D out this year & has kept them on the field a lot & when that happens in the NFL..It's going to make their D look worse than they actually are..
smith was fired on black monday. they will not hire a college coach. it will be either an coordinator who has a hot name or a former head coach. Doug Marrone would be a great fit but i think he will go to another team. josh McDaniels is a name that has also been floating around but he sucked as a head coach with Denver

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
What do you think about a defensive minded coach like Rob Ryan as The Falcons HC, he's going to get a HC'ing job eventually & he's played against The Falcons many time, and is familiar with the Falcons Players & they know him as well..If The Falcons hired Rob Ryan & he brought a really good offensive minded OC & a QB coach, to help Matt Ryan improve his game even more..I think that would be a good hire..I think Ryan's D's has been pretty good most years..The Saints offense hasn't helped their D out this year & has kept them on the field a lot & when that happens in the NFL..It's going to make their D look worse than they actually are..
wouldnt surprise me but i think they should go with an offensive minded coach and just hire a respected defensive minded DC.. Since Marrone more than likely isnt interested. it takes 3 things in the nfl to win super bowls and they are good coaching, good defense, and a very good QB.. The falcons have a half of the 3.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya Bro & the article said that Blanks is going to unleash his bank acount & hire a proven HC that's won Super Bowls or NC's in college..That's a short list of HC's that going to be available for Blanks to swipe from another NFL team..I wish he could've gotten Harbaugh before Michigan hired him..Harbaugh is the kinda younger HC that could've got The Falcons over that hump they just can never climb over in the NFL..

I think you're correct in that they will go for an offensive minded HC this time..Wasn't Smitty a DC when Blanks hired him after the Petrino fiasco..And one more name I will through out there & that's Jim Mora, I thought he was a pretty descent HC for The Falcons, and could do well with the better players he would have as the HC of The Falcons this go around..The Falcons never had a descent QB when Mora was their HC or am I mistaken..

wouldnt surprise me but i think they should go with an offensive minded coach and just hire a respected defensive minded DC.. Since Marrone more than likely isnt interested. it takes 3 things in the nfl to win super bowls and they are good coaching, good defense, and a very good QB.. The falcons have a half of the 3.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Both Ryan brothers are overrated IMO. Seriously overrated. If Blanks means it look for Bill Cower to get a call.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
I agree 100% with ya Bro & the article said that Blanks is going to unleash his bank acount & hire a proven HC that's won Super Bowls or NC's in college..That's a short list of HC's that going to be available for Blanks to swipe from another NFL team..I wish he could've gotten Harbaugh before Michigan hired him..Harbaugh is the kinda younger HC that could've got The Falcons over that hump they just can never climb over in the NFL..

I think you're correct in that they will go for an offensive minded HC this time..Wasn't Smitty a DC when Blanks hired him after the Petrino fiasco..And one more name I will through out there & that's Jim Mora, I thought he was a pretty descent HC for The Falcons, and could do well with the better players he would have as the HC of The Falcons this go around..The Falcons never had a descent QB when Mora was their HC or am I mistaken..
well, they had Vick at that point. And he was decent with that offense though not a great passer. As far as Mora goes he kind of rubs people the wrong way at times. I dont think the Falcons would be willing to take that chance. Smith was in fact DC for the Jags if i'm not mistaken.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Do you mean Rex? Rob has never been a HC on any level.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was talking about Rob Ryan cause I saw commentators during a Saints game a couple weeks ago..Talking about it's just a matter of time, for Rob Ryan to get a shot of becoming a HC in the NFL, and that a couple NFL teams, may be interested in taking a chance of hiring him for his 1st HC'ing job..And was throwing his name out their for The Falcons job should Blank's go the assistant coach route again in hiring Smitty's replacement..
Do you mean Rex? Rob has never been a HC on any level.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.